2stroke oil in your gas

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
cannondale27

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

I dont know about others but our gas around here has noticably degraded in recent years.I am going to try this on both my trailquad and truck.What do you think?

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91206

peterock

#2 Post by peterock »

sure, why not. I've been using the lucal oil stuff so why not. makes sense.

UpsMan

#3 Post by UpsMan »

What do I think? I think, What is wrong with you? not enough ways to piss away your money? You can drive a car 200,000 plus miles now without the engine being rebuilt. The bodies fall apart before the motor. Why waste more money? Actually Steve, I'm just joking. I think I'm actually going to try it for the heck of it in my van. How much of that topic did you read? All 33 pages? I read the first one only.....

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

First place its going is my kids XR50. A tankful lasts a month when she is just riding in backyard and the gas is junk by end of tank.

UpsMan

#5 Post by UpsMan »

Thats really wierd. I have some gas I mixed up for the chain saw and weed wacker about 5 years ago, and it still is good enough that they both still run with it. I used Sta-bil in it of course. On a side note, I used some race fuel, 110 octane in the AtK awhile back, and it ran noticeably weaker than on 91.

Gibson265R

#6 Post by Gibson265R »

The ATK ran weaker because it doesnt have a high enough compression ratio for the fuel you were running. I think that in a cannondale/ATK you should only use 93 octane until you bump your compression up to 13:1. What im getting at is lower compression motors will suffer if the octane is too high.

rayspeed

#7 Post by rayspeed »

When the premix in the R sits a little too long I pour it into the motorhome just to get rid of it... figured it would not hurt and may have some benifits but not near as many as they claim!

The cheap stuff at wal-mart looks like it would work out to about two cents a gallon.

It would be alot more convienent for me than most cause I buy my gas in large quantites when it is cheap, store it if the price goes down and use it when it is high. I am just now making gas runs at $2.07/gal when my last gas run was when it was $1.49. Sometimes that pays off big and sometimes that bites me a bit!

m_mcgranahan

#8 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

One thing with the race gas, I found that I had to remap to get power out of it due to it not being oxygenated lick most pump gas today is, so that also doesn't help making the race gas make good power in your achine.
m
God bless...

Mark

Happyboy

#9 Post by Happyboy »

QUOTE (rayspeed @ Sep 18 2009, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When the premix in the R sits a little too long I pour it into the motorhome just to get rid of it... figured it would not hurt and may have some benifits but not near as many as they claim!

The cheap stuff at wal-mart looks like it would work out to about two cents a gallon.

It would be alot more convienent for me than most cause I buy my gas in large quantites when it is cheap, store it if the price goes down and use it when it is high. I am just now making gas runs at $2.07/gal when my last gas run was when it was $1.49. Sometimes that pays off big and sometimes that bites me a bit!

How much gas do you store? Better watch out for the ATF. smile.gif

NRath

#10 Post by NRath »

QUOTE (rayspeed @ Sep 18 2009, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am just now making gas runs at $2.07/gal when my last gas run was when it was $1.49.

I'd have to guess it's been 3-4 yrs since gas was that price. Must be one he!! of a tank! If you're seeing 2.07 now, you're about 30 cents cheaper than us in central VA.