2stroke oil in your gas

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
rayspeed

#11 Post by rayspeed »

Gas bottomed right about the first of the year around here at 1.49/gal... They pipe it from texas so it is generaly on the cheap side. http://www.tucsongasprices.com/index.aspx
Today it is 2.03 and I make my last run today for another 50 gallons and everything will be up to the brim... See I allready got bit!
Five cents times lets see...
Lets just say that I bought two gallons of the wal-mart tcw-3 and added at the 1oz per five gallons suggestion and there wont be much left in that first jug.

First our ammo and now is the atf is limiting your gas too?

UpsMan

#12 Post by UpsMan »

Gas is 2.54 gal here today.

MX Quad Dad

#13 Post by MX Quad Dad »

i've run twostroke oil in our dales quite a bit. especialy after rebuild. I was useing the amount they said. I was amazed how clean the pistons were in our banshee after we switched to Amsoil. so i decided to put a little in our Moto when my son was racing. haven't put it in for a while

duke416ex

#14 Post by duke416ex »

So you are using the dominator 2 stroke oil? I have 2 bottle sitting ont eh shelf left over from when a dirtbike was around. I have ran 2 stroke in a lot of stuff before just cause it was laying around, but never my quad. I can see the benefits of it though and may try it out this weekend.

MX Quad Dad

#15 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I still have a few gallons of the Seires 2000 two stroke oil. that was thier top of the line back then.

the way the banshee drank I bought the stuff by the case and I think I had ordered a case just before we bought the Moto.

I have a Case backhoe that did a lot of idleing before I bought it. its hard starting and a little weak, so I put a few oz's in the tank hopeing for a mirical but didn't get one.

Kuma

#16 Post by Kuma »

Then there is always Marvel Mystery Oil, they make simular claims and been around a long time. http://www.marvelmysteryoil.com/

rayspeed

#17 Post by rayspeed »

Actually they addressed the mmm but said chemically it is more a solvent with lubricating properties. It was ruled more costly with less benefits, it smells good tho cause it has mint oils so its great for you air tools.

I read thru all the posts and plucked out some of the more informative and humorous posts for those of you that did not care to go thru all thirty some pages.

Response to the question about the impurities found in gas..

the stuff in gas is everything from water to dirt/silicon/pipeline greases...what we do with the 2 stroke stuff is capture it and burn it in the combustion process versus letting it settle out in the fuel system....no negative impact on any sensors/cats/tuning.....the oil coats and protects your upper cylinder and rings....protects your fuel system...this is why some of our test mules put out lower emissions when tested than before...better compression from the ring packs getting cleaned.....more efficient means more MPG and more importantly more RWHP and longer component life. A great discovery about all this is we are getting lower wear metals from the cylinder walls being coated thus lower wear metals at start up....I just ran 500 miles and sent a sample in to the lab and got the report back today.......lowest wear metals EVER>>>>>>

Some smartazz here...
My biggest difference was in my old 83 YZ 490, that old thing runs a ton better, lots cooler, and starts like a champ when its ran for awile... I have added as much as a ratio of 36:1 and that seems to be about right, this stuff is amazing........

I thought this was kind of funny thread took a detour on the bikes...
The YZ on the other hand, i would like to see the man that could truely push that bike..... its scary fast.... Reeds, filter, pipe and silencer, bored 2x and added a lil stroke to it to up the compression, oh and we run aviation gas in it at 26:1, On pavement, at 65 to 70, sitting at the bottom of third (it only has four but will hit 107), if you just open the throttle the front end will just rise off the ground, just nice and easy....thats when you realize your haulin *** ... on an old bike.... on one wheel....

The Great Ethanol Scam

"Over at BusinessWeek, Ed Wallace is creating quite a stir, reporting that not only is ethanol proving to be a dud as a fuel substitute, but there is increasing evidence that it is destroying engines in large numbers. Before lobbyists convince the government to increase the allowable amount of ethanol in fuel to 15%, Wallace suggests it's time to look at ethanol's effect on smog, fuel efficiency, global warming emissions, and food prices. Wallace concedes there will be some winners if the government moves the ethanol mandate to 15% ???????? auto mechanics, for whom he says it will be the dawn of a new golden age."

http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyl...514_058678.htm

TC-W3 is a corrosive inhibitor. Ethanol is not only a stupendous failure (only the people in the industry are profiting off the back of the taxpayers who gain nothing from Ethanol) it is a extremely corrosive substance. TC-W3 provides a protective barrier on your silicon/plastics/aluminum/steel components it does reduce the corrosive characteristics of ethanol.
In all fairness to the ethanol rip off industry I should say today's gasoline is corrosive also.
TC-W3 is a inexpensive good thing for anybody to do in any internal combustion motor.

A way to deal with adding it easily...
I found an easy way to measure accurately the amount to add at fill up is with a 8 oz. Sta-Bil bottle that has been emptied. That way you can just squeeze out what you need, and the measurements are right on the side. Re-fill the Sta-bil bottle as needed and leave the big jug of TCW3 at home. I keep my Sta-Bil bottle wrapped in a rag, and sealed in a ziploc bag in my trunk.

To the naysayers... and a funny line in here...

Well what happens is folks refuse to read anything and revert back to "what they have been told" or "it is too good to be true"....so you know....I dont know what to do for them frankly....the data is the data...I have busted my *** to solicit any and all results...be they good or bad. We have been at this for about two years...and I have not seen nor heard of a single negative...all positives.....
So all I can say is....challenge them to read all the results here....that is about all I can do....
Bobistheoilguy also chained off this thread and far and away most people there had excellent results....so there are two reputable web sites with lots of info......
Other than that there are still people out there that think Pennzoil causes sludge.....they all voted for Obama also...so go figure....
Tell you what....I'll join over there and try and answer/share/any and all data we have collected. It (the test) is well over a million miles collectively. I am not selling anything and some of those guys do not understand basic combustion properties at all.....wont pass inspection, fouling plugs etc. just shows ignorance of the test. Listen 500-1 will not cause any harm. It just cleans and lubricates. That is it. It is ashless. I mean there is zero residue. I'll join and try and answer any and all questions they may have. I mean I have a Silverado myself But like I said...I am not selling nor trying to convince anybody of anything. Data is the data.

MX Quad Dad

#18 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (MX Quad Dad @ Sep 24 2009, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a Case backhoe that did a lot of idleing before I bought it. its hard starting and a little weak, so I put a few oz's in the tank hopeing for a mirical but didn't get one.

winter comming and not able to rebuild the backhoe I decided to give this another shot. I put about a pint in a tank of fuel and I swear this thing is starting better. This 580 has the case engine which never started as good as the cumming's in cold weather. last year it always needed a shot of starting fluid when it got down in the 30's. I have started it several cool mornings now and no either.

Dachshund

#19 Post by Dachshund »

QUOTE (MX Quad Dad @ Dec 4 2009, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
winter comming and not able to rebuild the backhoe I decided to give this another shot. I put about a pint in a tank of fuel and I swear this thing is starting better. This 580 has the case engine which never started as good as the cumming's in cold weather. last year it always needed a shot of starting fluid when it got down in the 30's. I have started it several cool mornings now and no either.

Diesel?

MX Quad Dad

#20 Post by MX Quad Dad »

yep