FLYWHEELS

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
cannondale27

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

Lets start a new one.Few ideas out there.

http://forums.cannondaler.com/viewtopic.ph...;p=96842#p96842

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

NRath

#4 Post by NRath »

Well, I've got an idea that I haven't seen out there yet, and a great machinist friend said he's interested in the project. First things first, I need a spun one- preferrably a stock one, not pinned or anything. Anyone? I'd like to have one by Wednesday of next week.

Next question for anyone thinking about flywheels... How many spun ones are out there? Obviously volume is everything and it doesn't make sense to do anything if I can't get a batch of them together at a time. My plan would allow fixing the spun ones (or modifying good ones). I'm thinking 25 at a time shouldn't be too hard to come up with. But after the first one or two batches, it might get tough to gather them together. So, sound off with how many spun ones you have.

Happyboy

#5 Post by Happyboy »

I think i may have one if i didn't already toss it. What is the idea for the fix?

rayspeed

#6 Post by rayspeed »

I have two... which is how many I would be in for as long as they did not cost too much of a fortune!
One spun and one with a faint barely visible crack starting.
Ray

wogntong

#7 Post by wogntong »

I have one also if you need it. I would like to see this problem fixed...plus a spun flywheel doesn't do me any good. Let me know.

UpsMan

#8 Post by UpsMan »

I have three. I'll FedEx one to you if you want.

NRath

#9 Post by NRath »

QUOTE (UpsMan @ Oct 16 2009, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have three. I'll FedEx one to you if you want.

Guess you want to count on it getting here!!! wink.gif J/K, I think UPS rocks- very good at tracking and delivering on time.

Happy chimed in first, so if you can get it on the way, that'd be great. This first one is to see if the idea will work. It's possible it'll be destroyed. If the first one looks good, I'll want to get 3 or 4 more to make 4 or 5 in the first batch forto send back out for testing.

Happy, sent you a pm.

peterock

#10 Post by peterock »

so what is the idea????