FLYWHEELS

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
wayneschofield

#31 Post by wayneschofield »

I did look at separate segments, in fact I bought some sintered neodynium blocks to machine to shape then have magnetised and bond them into a ring.

I had originally thought to have them done to increase the magnetic flux, in an attempt to increase the charging output of the stator perhaps.

I could post them out if you have someone who can magnetise them over there.

cannondale27

#32 Post by cannondale27 »

Wayne did you send that flywheel to Class900 for testing?

I broke another decomp last week.I am desperate for a solution and will even resort to discarding the stock one and running without it.How far did you get with the encapsulated decomp you were working on?

Thanks Wayne,
Steve

Happyboy

#33 Post by Happyboy »

Steve, I looked at a manual decomp recently but didn't find a good spot on the head to do it on. I can't remember off the top of my head where I found it at but i'll dig in on it again. We would need to drill a hole into the head down into the chamber. Its pretty much just a valve you can pull open by hand to decrease the pressure. Very cool setup but our head is pretty tight on room and the water jackets make it even worse. I have a trashed head I'll drill on to try and find a spot and let you know the results.

wayneschofield

#34 Post by wayneschofield »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Nov 16 2009, 01:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wayne did you send that flywheel to Class900 for testing?

I broke another decomp last week.I am desperate for a solution and will even resort to discarding the stock one and running without it.How far did you get with the encapsulated decomp you were working on?

Thanks Wayne,
Steve

Yes, it went a week or two ago. Hopefully should have some progress with it soon.

I haven't thought much about the decomps this year. The drawings are at a machine shop for him to make some. When I get five I'll bob over and see him. If there's no progress I'll pick the drawings up and take them to a more local shop that I use now, which makes things easier to keep on top of.

I siezed my 'regualr' quad up the other week. Not looked into what's gone yet but I would guess it's the crank from the way it went. I can't complain about it really, it's bone-stock apart from Evans and Royal Purple oil and must have done 150 hrs at least. I've had no time to do an updated motor for it (and few parts to do one with, even if I had the time.....)

Cheers

cannondale27

#35 Post by cannondale27 »

Wow thats great news about decomp.If you dont have time for your motor send it over I have time.I am sure if all pitch in it could be going quickly.You deserve it.

SlOoT

#36 Post by SlOoT »

If there are parts that need to be tested, I can do that. Next season I have 2 Dales running MX races and some regular customers with Cannondales wich I have updated and always maintain (I even do the oil changes for them).

I would love to buy some flywheels and test them, I have cracked a few stockers.

Wayne, if you need engines rebuild I can also do that. I do a lot of work on Dales for customers.