Buckets and springs for Wayne's cams

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
SlOoT

#1 Post by SlOoT »

I got a pair of cams from Wayne.

What buckets should I use?

And what valve springs are the best?

Thanks

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Xceldyne coated buckets and new stock springs.

SlOoT

#3 Post by SlOoT »

Thanks,

were can I get those buckets?

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Timbo.They are in all the magazines also.
http://www.xceldyne.com/

wayneschofield

#5 Post by wayneschofield »

I would use Nitrided, micro-finished buckets with a DLC-star from Oerlikon Balzers (in UK) if you don't want to send your buckets around the earth..... It wasn't expensive to have done at all really.

You know I had a few sets done that I've sent here and there for testing and I've left myself without any now DUH!

Has anyone tried Hayabusa buckets in anything yet....?

kdeal

#6 Post by kdeal »

I run Hyabusa buckets in a few of my motors. They definitely hold up. In fact I got them already used from a shop that installed a big cam in a motor. I got 4 sets!.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

After seeing the results from coated buckets I will never run anything else.Wayne if you look Xceldyne does exact same process as yours were.Yours have been running happily in my Blaze 432 for many hours now.So if you can get them done and within cost of Xceldyne that would definitly be way to go.The Hyabusa guys are buying coated buckets alot.Got to wonder why?

wayneschofield

#8 Post by wayneschofield »

What I meant with regard to the Hayabusa buckets really was 'do they fit OK?'

If they drop-in with no issues they are probably a good follower to start with rather than use the 'Dale ones, which it appears have been variable in dimensions at times.....

You can bet the Suzuki ones will be spot on dimension-wise. The Hayabusa race guys will be using DLC'd buckets if they are running extra aggressive cams, plus you get less friction.

Are they any lighter than ours?

The DLC coating cost about eight quid each, if my memory serves me right. I can't remember what the micro-finishing cost....

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

Come up with a price and let us know Wayne.I am a believer in coated buckets for sure.

SlOoT

#10 Post by SlOoT »

Does someone have 4 buckets that are allready coated? I don't have any good buckets...

I wanna get the engine with waynes cams ready for next season.

What is recommended timing btw for mx? (stock bore/stroke engine with a good port job, 46mm intake, cyclone and custom dual exhaust)

Thanks