Two Battery Set up?

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
Happyboy

#11 Post by Happyboy »

Hey Pete, you ever tried the 2nd battery? Its wild how fast that motor cranks. i couldn't believe it the first time i did it. Crazy fast.

peterock

#12 Post by peterock »

I haven't tried it, but I'm sure if I did some GNCC style races I would be looking into some sort of solution. I did two 12 hour races though and have spectated at several CC races and know the carnage that can happen. That's why I say the battery being pushed out from the center of the machine is a bad idea.

jesshamner

#13 Post by jesshamner »

If you damage a battery that is sitting in between your a arms, you aren't finishing your race anyway. That is extensive damage to a machine and quite possibly to your body at that point.

And from my experience, just putting in the biggest battery you can fit into the stock location, doesn't crank like the 2 battery setup. To holeshot, you need the biggest battery that will fit plus a 2nd battery.

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

Or you just need everything right and be good at Holeshots.Practice is still better than even 10 batteries and fun to laugh.gif

jesshamner

#15 Post by jesshamner »

Yes but lets just assume this guy has all the tuning right and was a holeshot monster on another machine. Then the dual battery setup would aid in getting our favorite quad going faster. Why not use all the tools you possibly can (or can afford at the time) to be better?

claas900

#16 Post by claas900 »

Don't the dirt bikes use a BS7 battery? I'd try using 2 of those smaller and lighter. Also mounting the battery in the ecu try does add weight up top, but I'd bet only the very best rider would notice it and even then still only notice it pushing the bike to it limits.

cannondale27

#17 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Nov 12 2009, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes but lets just assume this guy has all the tuning right and was a holeshot monster on another machine. Then the dual battery setup would aid in getting our favorite quad going faster. Why not use all the tools you possibly can (or can afford at the time) to be better?

You are right.sorry.Dont forget about the decomp mod and technique.