Two Battery Set up?

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
Juss

#1 Post by Juss »

I was wondering where you guy put your 2nd battery?Looks like a good spot behind front bumper?

NRath

#2 Post by NRath »

That's where most put it.

SlOoT

#3 Post by SlOoT »

When you have a podfilter setup, you can also place it in the ECU tray I think.

UpsMan

#4 Post by UpsMan »

I've seen a picture of one in the ecu tray. I don't think its the greatest spot. That is a lot of weight sitting pretty high.

Gibson265R

#5 Post by Gibson265R »

its not like a 20 pound weight...I just put my fuel pump and regulator under my hood. the battery is in stock position but you will never know/feel the difference by putting your battery up there

UpsMan

#6 Post by UpsMan »

Hey, its a free country, put it inside the fuel tank for all I care. I just think its a lot of weight perched up high. I think you will notice it. Why do you think they put it where they did? Not for the good looks, thats for sure.

Happyboy

#7 Post by Happyboy »

I relocated my battery to the same spot as the 400ex. I have seen no ill effects of doing this. And yeah, I heard omg thats alot of weight, cannondale put it low for a reason. Come on, how many riders out there really are good enough to notice that weight distribution? Oh, and mine helps balance out the weight from the exhaust so tongue.gif

Put it where you want. its not a ton of weight really.

jesshamner

#8 Post by jesshamner »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Nov 11 2009, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I relocated my battery to the same spot as the 400ex. I have seen no ill effects of doing this. And yeah, I heard omg thats alot of weight, cannondale put it low for a reason. Come on, how many riders out there really are good enough to notice that weight distribution? Oh, and mine helps balance out the weight from the exhaust so tongue.gif

Put it where you want. its not a ton of weight really.

Hey now! Don't dramatize my statement too much. One thing is probably not going to be noticible but when you start moving it all up high, its going to make a difference at some point.

Happyboy

#9 Post by Happyboy »

LOL! hi Jess. laugh.gif

peterock

#10 Post by peterock »

I wouldn't want to relocate or locate a 2nd battery any place where it could get damaged. Front bumber, ECU Tray, all bad spots if you ask me. Hit a tree with your bumber and not a big deal, keep on racing. Hit a tree and you now take out your battery as well, not going anywhere. Same goes for the ECU tray.

Instead of a 2nd battery, you may be better off just installing the biggest battery you can in the stock location to get the extra cranking amps.