rebuild connecting rods

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
jinx44

#31 Post by jinx44 »

QUOTE (67z400 @ Mar 26 2010, 03:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those drawings were done in ProE. I am pretty good with Inventor, ProE, and AutoCAD.

Where did you get those drawings? I am interested.

I believe he was one of the Cannondale engineers.

wistech

#32 Post by wistech »

First of the new rods and an in house stroker crank as well. Brian did a great job as the crank is perfectly true. He was pretty pumped about it. Just need to get some plugs for the crank pin and press the gear back on. The piston kit arrived last week so looks like I get to build my first engine since december. Play time is over. laugh.gif

wistech

#33 Post by wistech »

If anyone is interested I will be placing an order for some more rods. With a bigger order maybe a lower price.

exotic rider

#34 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Apr 7 2013, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If anyone is interested I will be placing an order for some more rods. With a bigger order maybe a lower price.

I know I just bought one not long ago,but for future ref what kind of money u thinking?

wistech

#35 Post by wistech »

They should be around $280 dealer price this time. Otherwise they were $320

exotic rider

#36 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Apr 9 2013, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They should be around $280 dealer price this time. Otherwise they were $320

for the whole crank,or jus rod plus labor to
press,true,balance.

wistech

#37 Post by wistech »

Nope thats just the rod. There are cheaper options like a falicon or crankworks but this is more of a long term rod thats cheap to rebuild down the road instead of tossing it when it gets a little cage wear.

exotic rider

#38 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Apr 10 2013, 02:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope thats just the rod. There are cheaper options like a falicon or crankworks but this is more of a long term rod thats cheap to rebuild down the road instead of tossing it when it gets a little cage wear.

I got ya,i will keep in mind,we will see how long the one I just got last n go from there,i may try n find another dale once I finish this one.....

wistech

#39 Post by wistech »

Sounds good . the order is placed with about a 5 week delivery time.

wistech

#40 Post by wistech »

Well suppossedly the order at last got done and should be here this week. I am still wary of the cp piston/ carrillo ordering dept so I will go through this batch to make sure they didnt mess it up like they do the pistons. They had a question about something and never bothered to call for 3 weeks so it sat on their desk in limbo. So hopefully we can get these cranks up and running soon.