In the beggining there was WJ 01

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

Awesome! What do you see of the flywheel? Think it is stronger? Can you pull it off? If you measure the thread I may be able to tell you what puller to use since alot of other makes use that type.

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

Looks like all thats needed is a 3 jaw puller. Cool!

promod

#13 Post by promod »

polyesterpig smile.gif, Congrats on getting the engine biggrin.gif , as im sure you read my story of my problem i had with the seller mad.gif , but its not your fault and not upset or was even mad about anyone else getting it, but glad you were the guy that did biggrin.gif !, as i think your a great guy as you helped me once before as i mentioned on the other forum on a certain bike subframe part i was looking for and sent it to me without even asking for a dollar, so i hope you remember me now!

And if you ever decide to get rid of the engine rolleyes.gif , i hope you give me first shot at it, as i have the complete rolling chassis that engine went in, and that was why i was wanting it so bad, to merge them back together again to preserve a piece of C'Dale history!

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

Also interested in the cams. Really appreciate your sharing!

polyesterpig

#15 Post by polyesterpig »

QUOTE (promod @ Nov 19 2010, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
polyesterpig smile.gif, Congrats on getting the engine biggrin.gif , as im sure you read my story of my problem i had with the seller mad.gif , but its not your fault and not upset or was even mad about anyone else getting it, but glad you were the guy that did biggrin.gif !, as i think your a great guy as you helped me once before as i mentioned on the other forum on a certain bike subframe part i was looking for and sent it to me without even asking for a dollar, so i hope you remember me now!

And if you ever decide to get rid of the engine rolleyes.gif , i hope you give me first shot at it, as i have the complete rolling chassis that engine went in, and that was why i was wanting it so bad, to merge them back together again to preserve a piece of C'Dale history!

Promod,

Yes I remember sending you that piece of subframe. I am glad it worked out for you. If I decide to sell the motor, I will let you know it is for sale since you are a collector.

I was not aware of your dealings with the seller until after I saw your post and after I purchased the motor. I can't go into details of the purchase, but I have been purchasing from the seller for years. You and I, like the others knew this was a piece of Cannondale history that needed to be saved.

P.S. Can you post some pictures of your collection sometime?

polyesterpig

#16 Post by polyesterpig »

I am hoping 4strokemadman can give us some info on the engine!

promod

#17 Post by promod »

polyesterpig smile.gif , Thanks and please keep me in mind, but remember just because im a collector dont think im rich laugh.gif because thats far from the truth!, its just that ive been collecting for over 35 plus year and still have the first little harley dirt bike i bought throwing a paper route, Im just to passionate to get rid of them, but had to let some go years ago for certain reasons pertaining to the downfall of C'dale and me being a dealer with a lot of floor planned inventory, get the picture sad.gif , but i will PM (or email you as i did find your email address if its still the same where i also bought some stuff from you off of Ebay some time ago) you one day on that story!

But, I have been talking to old Kram432 about the engine as we still are great freinds and talk every other day FOR HOUR'S rolleyes.gif !!!!, and according to him there were several versions of the WJ01 engine as that style motor was called (or as he called them the Willy Johnson motors huh.gif, where did they come up with some of those engine names?) with some minor and some major differances as it was that trial and error time for them wub.gif ! so some had more welding and silicone on them than even the one you got did trying to sort out problems blink.gif!, and several i seen at the factory was very crude looking in the beggining!

As we get out of winter here, this spring i plan on getting several of my bikes out for pics for the C'Dale forums and other brand forums im on, cause my garage is packed tight during the cold and snowy days, and the older i get the colder i get and stay cold cool.gif

cannondale27

#18 Post by cannondale27 »

We still have issues to figure out and personally I am glad motor wasnt put in a bike and stored. Is alot to be learned from the past in almost all cases. Just think of Steam (BioFuel) trains. Those old timers were hitting over 100mph with them. Not a wire involved at all. Just think what we could do now! I understand collecting but history of Cannodale is still being made now.

promod

#19 Post by promod »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Nov 20 2010, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am glad motor wasnt put in a bike and stored.

I am guessing that remark was made against me!, but you dont think i would have done the same thing polyesterpig did with that engine before PUTTING IT BACK IN A BIKE AND STORED !, even though ive been in those motors before i should have done what he done, took pics and technical issues down on them at that time but i didnt!

But those type engine's were torn down and rebuilt many, many times and was learned from by C'Dale engineers who corrected their mistakes on them as you can see by additional welding, parts changes etc...and because of that the next generation motors came along and they were done the same and so on! so now after 6 different generation motors C'Dale used and noted changes on all of them along the way in production, and since the C'Dale company is gone now, you guys are still cleaning up and improving the engines where they left off, and im glad for that, as we all have that passion still in our blood for them!, example ATK didnt improve anything on the engines! they just copied what you guys were doing with them to make them better and more reliable!

And look at how many people gave up on their machines, tore the engines down, put them in boxes or parted them out on Ebay or just left for junk or shoved in some old Honda CB350 into the frames (well i hope not, but seen some crude and trick hybrids but you know what i mean!), from how many C'Dale machines produced to how many are left intact complete is very few if you crunch the numbers!

If we just took apart everything in history to learn from it and never restored it back to its original configuration, where would the history be? without!!!!

Im not saying your wrong or starting anything over your comment at all or with you....as we all have our on opinions, and i have read yours many times and learned a lot from you and respect you for them as you are another critical member of the C'dale family!

These are just my opinions!

And also, where would the "shroud of Turin" be if it wasnt so protected to be intact and stored or what would we learn from it "That Christ wasnt wrapped in it and arose from it"? or would it just turn out to be a fake and prove that Christ didnt exist at all or the story of it was just a myth?!, and it means nothing so lets use it to make rags out of it! Well i do believe it is what it is and in Christ, so lets leave it alone in its original state as i dont need to learn anything from it! as its God's on secret, and hope to see it one day INTACT for the whole world to see and believe it in there on way! As soon we will all know the answer and the truth!!!!! without Man's involvment of learning from it!!!!

polyesterpig

#20 Post by polyesterpig »

Check out all those oil lines. Notice the oil line on the outside of the cover is not the same one on the inside of the cover.

only one of the pump gears has a clip on it below.

Nice brazed line.