left side drive conversion

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

I had one for almost 10 years.Was great till I MX'ed it.Awesome at holeshots but terrible jumper.I miss it though.Nothing like a Banshee or even better 2 or 3 on the pipe screaming.Sounds like F1 cars almost.

themadhatter

#12 Post by themadhatter »

Dude I 100% agree with ya!!!
There awesome, I miss mine but I still have two motors so now I'm definatly getting one in a dale,
Come on Morgan send me my parts so I can start!!!!!!

marshall100

#13 Post by marshall100 »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Dec 8 2010, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds like F1 cars almost.

This. I was following it for a while and thinking 'I'm sure I've heard that somewhere before....'

themadhatter

#14 Post by themadhatter »

Ha ha ha ha
A triple really sounds like a F1 car tho!!!
Ear drum popping noise!

speedracer

#15 Post by speedracer »

I think anyone that has ridden a 2 stroke for any amount of time miss it.

speedracer

#16 Post by speedracer »

QUOTE (themadhatter @ Dec 8 2010, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have two trinity 421 pv motors sitting in my garage, I'm going to try and get one in the frame once I work out how to swap the drive over, wiuld it be easier to just drop the swinger off and putt a extended banshee one on rather than mod the Dale one???
Once I get all my parts over from Morgan I'll see how it fits in

That would be awesome,I thought of doing that a few years back,went a different direction though.You guys got much drag racing in the U.K.?

themadhatter

#17 Post by themadhatter »

Yer we have a bit, not like you guys do in the states tho.
I no I miss mine, but I've got a pair of trinity motors in the workshop so that's my next project for the new year now for sure!!!

MX Quad Dad

#18 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (themadhatter @ Dec 8 2010, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have two trinity 421 pv motors sitting in my garage, I'm going to try and get one in the frame once I work out how to swap the drive over, wiuld it be easier to just drop the swinger off and putt a extended banshee one on rather than mod the Dale one???
Once I get all my parts over from Morgan I'll see how it fits in

I've been looking at our banshee thinking the sane thing since i read the post on the other site about the weight of the dale frame. as long as you could get good alinement between the sprockets I would just use the flip the axil method.

just in case nobody knew. a banshee axil with the aftermarkit bearing carrier like the lonestar swinger uses, fits right into the honda swinger.

themadhatter

#19 Post by themadhatter »

Thanx mx dad,
So to clarify would you use the Dale swinger and bearing carrier and axle just flipped over the other way or use the Dale swinger with a Honda style banshee bearing and carrier and axle???
I was looking at the varna on my motor last nite too and I think it will be easy to angle them slightly so that the air filters clear either side of the rear shock, in the next couple of weeks I'll do a mock up just waiting on my original speed frame to come back from the polishers then we shall really see,
With this build I'll be using a Walsh 250r tank so will have plenty of clearance for the top of the engine and exhaust so no issue there either.
Can't wait to get started now!!!!!

marshall100

#20 Post by marshall100 »

I really wonder if there's anyone in the uk trying anything different like this? The only mildly interesting quads I've seen are all turbo'd rappy's, or the badly put together husky dale I looked at last year.