450 turbo kit almost complete

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
bajaracer

#1 Post by bajaracer »

Well I almost have my 450 cdale turbo kit completed. I was told that someone has a turbo on a cdale already. SO I am looking for any information regarding a way to get the MAP sensor for a boosted application. can anyone give me some help with that or knows about the guy that has already built a turbo cdale,I would like to get as much info about it before I start to have someone dyno tune it. I would like to make sure that my set up will work before I make some kind of mistake and blow it sky high or something.Thanks any info will get me closer to my goal.

Kuma

#2 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (bajaracer @ Sep 8 2012, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I almost have my 450 cdale turbo kit completed. I was told that someone has a turbo on a cdale already. SO I am looking for any information regarding a way to get the MAP sensor for a boosted application. can anyone give me some help with that or knows about the guy that has already built a turbo cdale,I would like to get as much info about it before I start to have someone dyno tune it. I would like to make sure that my set up will work before I make some kind of mistake and blow it sky high or something.Thanks any info will get me closer to my goal.

I did a quick search, came up with a supercharged dale, should have the same tuning issues, super charged
Like to see what you come up with, good luck, I would think if you were to learn to build maps you could make it work, the hump to get over would be the turbo lag, not as much as an issue with the super charger.

bajaracer

#3 Post by bajaracer »

QUOTE (Kuma @ Sep 9 2012, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did a quick search, came up with a supercharged dale, should have the same tuning issues, super charged
Like to see what you come up with, good luck, I would think if you were to learn to build maps you could make it work, the hump to get over would be the turbo lag, not as much as an issue with the super charger.

I found another guy that has a turbo cannondale and has timbomoose working on it. We are going to keep in touch and share info.So far I have found out that the turbo that I have is to small ,I was told that he started with the same turbo and the engine wouldn't go over 8700 rpm and thinks it is because the engine is in need of better flow than the turbo can put out. I am now in search of a bigger turbo.He is using a powercomander to tune his engine. I only have the GP control to tune it and will need to piggy back the stock ECU with something that can read boost. So far he has made 75 hp with his engine but has not reached his power goals with the turbo that he is now running. He needs to put an intercooler on it like I have on my kit. That will help a lot. He is running 75 lb injectors for a Harley on sunnoco 110 race gas. I am running two 725 cc injectors on E 85 ethanol. good for 140 hp. well thanks for your help.any info for these two projects will be shared for everyone to see and learn.

Kuma

#4 Post by Kuma »

How about posting up some pictures of your project?
Check through the clasified area of this site and ebay thought I saw a couple power comanders for cannondale going at a reasonable price not too long ago.

claas900

#5 Post by claas900 »

Hey Baja hows it going? Did you ever catch up with Tim? I've been meaning to call you see how things are going? Where are you now with your build?