Cannondale Speed 440 in Portugal!

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
lccm

#1 Post by lccm »

Hello
In Portugal there are some 10 cannondales at most.
I have one and I'll leave here some pictures for you.
In times ago I had several problems with the flywheel but were resolved with the help of Dave Muller (Canniboomer).
I am thinking of starting a new project with this motorcycle engine that is putting a Honda CR 500 (2 times). I'm still studying the project, and give me your opinions.

Tanks

Kuma

#2 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (lccm @ Sep 28 2012, 07:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello
In Portugal there are some 10 cannondales at most.
I have one and I'll leave here some pictures for you.
In times ago I had several problems with the flywheel but were resolved with the help of Dave Muller (Canniboomer).
I am thinking of starting a new project with this motorcycle engine that is putting a Honda CR 500 (2 times). I'm still studying the project, and give me your opinions.

Tanks

Do you mean something like this? 'daie/cr500 hybrid

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

My opinion is . A cannondale chassis is purposely built to house one engine and thats the one that came with it. I have yet to see a single conversion(including the highland) that didnt scream compromise and enormous amounts of time and money on all levels from chassis ,driveline ,suspension,fuel systems and body ect. Dealing with one technical issue after another just makes me ask the question why not start with a chassis that was more suited to the particular powerplant of choice? If there was a drop in engine that could match or dominate the cost effectiveness,reliability or power of the original then we would have been all over it years ago.
That being said there are some pretty impressive attempts out there. Marvels of reengineering that the builders should be proud of.

Kuma

#4 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Sep 29 2012, 08:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My opinion is . A cannondale chassis is purposely built to house one engine and thats the one that came with it. I have yet to see a single conversion(including the highland) that didnt scream compromise and enormous amounts of time and money on all levels from chassis ,driveline ,suspension,fuel systems and body ect. Dealing with one technical issue after another just makes me ask the question why not start with a chassis that was more suited to the particular powerplant of choice? If there was a drop in engine that could match or dominate the cost effectiveness,reliability or power of the original then we would have been all over it years ago.
That being said there are some pretty impressive attempts out there. Marvels of reengineering that the builders should be proud of.

Don't want to Hijack this thread so linked back again.The story behind my build