Billet rotating engine build station

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
rayspeed

#1 Post by rayspeed »

kdeal was so bummed about not seeing the head work stand in billet I thougt I would cheer him up with this simple rotating engine build stand I whipped up with my mad waterjet skills. I know it probably is not as fancy as the factory one he probably has but in works pretty well. The tray catches the fluids in the pig blanket inserts and the block in back tips the motor up enough to get the side cover on and off. I may have to copy the head stand in billet too when I get some time.

promod

#2 Post by promod »

Even though i am lucky enough to have one of the Factory built engine stands, ive been using slightly modified ATV engine cradles for years as quick work stands to hold complete engines or cases for various purposes, in fact its the only part of a ATV's chassis parts i own, have or ever bought for my own personal use being a 2-wheel guy! mellow.gif, love the rotating part you did! wink.gif

kdeal

#3 Post by kdeal »

I like it!. And yes Ray, I do have a factory billet workstand. I think with your skills you should copy it someday. I would be willing to spec it out for you. I use my stand almost daily. tongue.gif