YZ450 EFI conversion?

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
SlOoT

#1 Post by SlOoT »

Anybody tried to fit the new YZ450 engine in a dale? I think it will be one of the more easy conversions coz it has a reversed head.

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

QUOTE (SlOoT @ Feb 11 2013, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anybody tried to fit the new YZ450 engine in a dale? I think it will be one of the more easy conversions coz it has a reversed head.

[img ]http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo155/XxCharlesMansonxX/yz450F. jpg[/img]

Charles Manson?

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

You mean can a Dale engine fit in that chassis?

Kuma

#4 Post by Kuma »

A little off topic, but I heard a replacement fuel pump in one of those is about $400

kdeal

#5 Post by kdeal »

You guys are all too cruel! I can see doing this swap just to have a later model motor.

Now let's look at what we have here. First I have heard the HP is not as much as expected..... Second take a look at that exhaust pipe, looks like that got that from the Banshee! Looks like a french horn! Just an FYI, updating the Banshee's pipes adds about a 33% upgrade to HP, due to the idiotic stock pipe design. Lastly, it's a Yamaha. Hmmm...I think I will keep the stock motor with the "old" technology and it's faster too!

blink.gif

SlOoT

#6 Post by SlOoT »

For me it's getting difficult keeping the dales running here in europe.

Mostly due to electrical problems, like random stalling. Tracked the problems down to bad ecu's, bad v-regs, problems in wiring harness, broken fuel pumps, bad crank sensors and flywheels falling apart.

The engines I updated hold up fine, except for the flywheels...
At the moment I'm working on 3 dales with random stalling.

Anybody have some ideas for other engine conversions? I did some KTM conversions 8 years ago, never had any problems with them but it's a very difficult conversion.

jesshamner

#7 Post by jesshamner »

Highland?

Speedy2222

#8 Post by Speedy2222 »

I was actually talking with a buddy the other day about how do-able it would be to putthis motor in a dale. i wasted WAY too much money trying to get mine rebuild( by and idiot) and to get it running right. I'd rather spend the money for this motor than rebuild the dale again..

m_mcgranahan

#9 Post by m_mcgranahan »

QUOTE (SlOoT @ Feb 12 2013, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For me it's getting difficult keeping the dales running here in europe.

Mostly due to electrical problems, like random stalling. Tracked the problems down to bad ecu's, bad v-regs, problems in wiring harness, broken fuel pumps, bad crank sensors and flywheels falling apart.

The engines I updated hold up fine, except for the flywheels...
At the moment I'm working on 3 dales with random stalling.

Anybody have some ideas for other engine conversions? I did some KTM conversions 8 years ago, never had any problems with them but it's a very difficult conversion.

Canniboomer sells t=some rebalanced flywheels that seem to hold up much better than stock. Have you tried those yet? My random stalling issues ended up being a loose battery terminal, loose key switch wires and a broken battery over the years. ALl those were easy fixes once I figured them out.

God bless...
Mark

MX Quad Dad

#10 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I am pretty sure if you have an idiot rebiuld that yamie engine it will be costly also.