Case savers?

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
promod

#31 Post by promod »

QUOTE (NRath @ May 8 2013, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Promod- that's a nice looking piece! You make it or have friends in the right places?

Thanx Nrath!, Made it myself, Sad thing about all the weird stuff I have rode all my life....not many aftermarket goody's off the shelf stuff was available for them, So for most all my bike riding years been making stuff myself, from expansion chambers to Alumi swingarms for Harley motocross bikes to whatever I need and capable of making myself as lucky enough to have a old school mill, lathe and several other pieces of machine shop equipment and just enough of a little bit of know how skill to use them.....and with a lot of trial & error learning mistakes of course! LOL!, But with all the high tech cnc's and stuff out there today and if I cant handle it also lucky enough to have good friends in the right places that help me out!, as what it would take me hours to do they can whip out in no time....and right the first time!

And thanx Shift714 for the info!

cannondale27

#32 Post by cannondale27 »

I would run either of those case savers. Thanks for putting your pics back up Promod that is a beautiful piece of work especially if you made it on a Manual mill.

promod

#33 Post by promod »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ May 8 2013, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would run either of those case savers. Thanks for putting your pics back up Promod that is a beautiful piece of work especially if you made it on a Manual mill.

Thanx C27!, But wasn't made on a mill, just laid out on a piece of plate stock, cut out with a band saw, drilled, counterbored, cleaned up shape on belt sander, glass beaded, hand sanded and polished out!