Hydraulic clutch conversions

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Hydrauli...903&vxp=mtr
Ive used similar systems on 400exs and ordered on of these to give some life to my pile of cable cases. It seems hydro cases are getting harder to find and the ones I do find are trashed . Ebay is loaded with the cable cases and nobody even bids on them. I would favor this conversion over welding and machining a case . I have one coming and will try it out.

vickie0523

#2 Post by vickie0523 »

I had one similar to that from magura on one of my cdales years ago.sold it to a guy on here about 7-8 months ago I think.nice smooth pull but I kept having the seal go out.on long rides it also tended to get hot and fade alot.ive always had cable cases on all my dales so I just took it off and put cable back on .

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

The ones I worked with were magura with billitanium slaves. I had a few issues with them because some maguras use brake fluid and some use mineral oil. If you used the wrong stuff they ruined the seals. If there is a heat fade issue I think installing a nylon washer on the case mount would help keep the heat transfer down.

cheetah5431

#4 Post by cheetah5431 »

I used to use those systems on my 450rs and 400ex back in the day. I've raced em in GNCC too and they've held up and worked great as long as you get that freeplay at the slave cylinder right. Often times you have to make your own spacers and brackets to get it right because I've rarely had them check out good from the factory, but I'm sure you knew that going into with a dale anyway. I had fade on one system on a 450r and switched to their stainless line and that solved it. Good luck I think it will work fine.

SlOoT

#5 Post by SlOoT »

I use those from magura on our ktm conversions. Almost 10 years old and still working fine.

POWER MAD MAN

#6 Post by POWER MAD MAN »

Looks like a great idea but, I see a problem, straight from china. blink.gif

promod

#7 Post by promod »

QUOTE (POWER MAD MAN @ May 14 2015, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like a great idea but, I see a problem, straight from china. blink.gif

I cant speak or say anything about that particular brand setup, But using the Magura Hymec Jack system you cant go wrong as been using them on my cable operated C'dale bikes from day one and never had any issues with them on any other brand bike i have them on, Well let me correct that as although the very first ones the link rod was smaller in diameter and a couple did break, but since the newer improve version came out shortly after that....never had a issue since with them! wink.gif

wistech

#8 Post by wistech »

The system came in. For sure it was built by the lowest bidder in shinzin. The point of the device is to make it economical to run cable cases and get the hydro feel. There is no way I would spend $250 on a magura when I can get a hydro case for less money. I may just take the slave off and use it with a used magura master. Its pretty much the same as the billitanium ones.

promod

#9 Post by promod »

QUOTE (Wistech @ May 15 2015, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The system came in. For sure it was built by the lowest bidder in shinzin. The point of the device is to make it economical to run cable cases and get the hydro feel. There is no way I would spend $250 on a magura when I can get a hydro case for less money. I may just take the slave off and use it with a used magura master. Its pretty much the same as the billitanium ones.

Oh, I agree completely and understand what your saying, and at that price you paid you cant complain at all, Just when i started using the Magura setup on the cable cases there was no hydro cases yet (or any other add-a-hydro operated clutch kit brands available except then the shortly come along Billitanium's and the Hebo's), until i machined a cable case for a KTM hydro slave and handed it to JM at C'Dale and told him for the price of there bikes and the rest of the innovations on it why don't it have a hydro clutch system like this and see how easy it is to do....and then along came the Unicorn's! wink.gif