Cannondale cannible fuel pump replacement?

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
topfli8979

#1 Post by topfli8979 »

My fuel pump is on the brink, I need a replacement. I had a inline fuel pump laying around off of a 87 honda prelude, it looks identical. Will it work? If not where do I find a replacement?

rayspeed

#2 Post by rayspeed »

There is an external fuel pressure regulator so I would guess it would assuming that car was fuel injected.
But if it was a carb'd car it would be way too low of a pressure.
If it does not work I have a tested one and will stand by it for $50 shipped.

topfli8979

#3 Post by topfli8979 »

Thanks Ray, Will let you know if it works.

Also what battery is everyone running? I have a glass mat oreilly battery that just does not seem to start it as fast as other peoples cannondales I have seen. Headed to dunes this weekend and looking for a hot battery.

vickie0523

#4 Post by vickie0523 »

I run a yuasa....work well .....don't buy a gel cell....a ride or 2 and ull be stranded. Cells bust . Don't listen to guarantee on em . All junk. Unless taking batteries back to store is fun for u .

rayspeed

#5 Post by rayspeed »

He high dollar yausa from japan is pretty good... the cheaper ones from other asian countries not so much especially if you have to activate it with acid.
I usually go for the dekka as it is made in usa and actually tested for vibration... they have them for about $70 at my local auto parts store.
I have tried all of the tiawan and china ones at one time or another and some of them did not even survive a ride.
If I was needing one this might be worth a try...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battery-Tender-Lit...~0AAOSwknJX2DKY
Not 100% sure that is the right size tho.

who_gives_a6

#6 Post by who_gives_a6 »

If you have a cycle gear nearby consider their batteries. I usually only get about a year out of them but you get a warning before they die. (One day it'll just sound weak at full charge out of nowhere) At that point it'll fail their tests in the store. They're like $70 and for $5 more they come with a 2yr warranty. I've swapped atleast 4 by now. Only costs $5 each time one fails and they give you another 2yrs on each battery.