E 440 wont stay running

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
Zoe1

#1 Post by Zoe1 »

Greetings, it???s been about 5 years since I last posted😬. Long story short, I've got an E440 & a C440. Cam went out on the C440, sprang clutch went out on the E440. Merged the 2 together. All went well, but when I start it, it dies as soon as you let off the start button. Any thoughts?😊

funmachines

#2 Post by funmachines »

Do you mean it starts and then dies when you disengage the starter button? If so sounds like wiring or connection. Look at the wiring diagram and confirm all switches are connected properly and check the kill switch (use a voltmeter) and make sure it did not fail.

polyesterpig

#3 Post by polyesterpig »

Three things I would do. Replace your start And stock switches with the one Dave Muller sells. I would also gut the internals out of your fuel disconnects. These are notoriously known to cause fueling issues due to the internal rubber o-rings swelling and deforming. Replace your fuel filter with a new one. Even if it looks good.

Starquestjoe

#4 Post by Starquestjoe »

Check your injectors clips. i had the left one pull off after i assembled my quad. Had the same issue. Quad would start but not stay running once i let off the start button

polyesterpig

#5 Post by polyesterpig »

One other possible solution, make sure the electrical connector on your throttle body is fully seated. The one connected to the stepper motor. It may look connected, but make sure it is.