468 maps

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
acarli3

#11 Post by acarli3 »

Out west, we mainly ride dunes!! I also need the x440/Speed map.

Derno24

#12 Post by Derno24 »

Just for note for everyone. There is a significant increase in torque even with just the increase from a 450 to a stroker. So maps that were good before probably will not react the same with the different stroke. We will be working on alot of different maps for use with the stroker. i just have to get some time to go to the dyno.

Trust me the AFR meter is worth it's weight in gold. I am pretty sure we will have more and more maps converted to use and they will be safe from a fuel aspect too!

c41xracer

#13 Post by c41xracer »

Originally posted by haydug
Let me say, that with the stock motors, you guys are all wanting the "most" power and biggest hit you can get, but, after spending a day at an indoor track on the stroker motor, you will be looking for ways to tame it down. You can't turn fast lap times with the frontend jerking in the air everytime you nail it, and tires spinning on jumps.
We will now be able to run maps with less timing and lower the rev limiter 500rpm for better engine life.

Oh, did I say that they make tons of power??  :D

i actually ride mx tracks with the x440 hybrid map and dont have any problems at all

jacobw

#14 Post by jacobw »

I am gonna do the timbo 2.2mm stroker crank and get a JE piston from haydug and I race xc can anyone tell me a good map for this?

haydug

#15 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by c41xracer
i actually ride mx tracks with the x440 hybrid map and dont have any problems at all

But, there is one difference, you don't have a stoker/bigbore/ported head/camed bike either. :w:

Let me re-phrase: With stock motors, you are searching for more power with engine mapping, sometimes playing with fire as far as engine timing advancement goes. With these stroker bikes, you have enough power on hand, that you actually tame it down alittle to control it. Which means, less engine timing, lower rev limiter, = longer engine life.

I rode timbo's at the nemx group ride, that bike is to fast for the suspension. It almost felt dangerous in certain situations to me. Now, compare that to a stocker, and you can ride it WFO open and not have any trouble at all.

jacobw

#16 Post by jacobw »

did timbo have an aftermarket susoension or just a stock one? I bet my suspesion will hold the power well since I have the elkas all the way around. Also will the timbo stroker add some reliablity or should I have him do the stock rebuild with the z400 bearing update? Haydug do you have any JE pistons that are setup for the regular stroke?

ANIMALSCANNIBAL

#17 Post by ANIMALSCANNIBAL »

Originally posted by jacobw
did timbo have an aftermarket susoension or just a stock one? I bet my suspesion will hold the power well since I have the elkas all the way around. Also will the timbo stroker add some reliablity or should I have him do the stock rebuild with the z400 bearing update? Haydug do you have any JE pistons that are setup for the regular stroke?

Tim has a Blaze suspension on that quad.

jacobw

#18 Post by jacobw »

so if he had ssd conversions on them the bike would handle like a dream!

timbomoose

#19 Post by timbomoose »

I agree with haydug in tight technical tracks or most cornering situations its too much hit.A little more or a little less gas makes it very difficult to hit jumps correctly or control.The suspension upgrade will help,but is still too much.I even had it geared heavy to tame it down.But the beauty of it is you can make tamer maps for different situations or tracks and add engine life at the same time.After more maps are made you'll be able to pick the map you need for the situation.A map select kit with the extra power could really make it shine.I think everyone with a stroker whether it be mine or falicon's will really love the extra power and being able to change maps for what kind of situation you're riding in will really make the dale shine more than ever.Oh doug, got to try out a set of your cams on a 448cc stroker and have to give it a big thumbs up.I'll be getting a set for at least one of mine soon.With all these horse power gains for the dale out there someones better start making longer swingarms!:biggrin.gif :head:

kdeal

#20 Post by kdeal »

Timbo,

Can you say wheelie bar?

woo-hoo.....>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

:wow