Main Power Relay

Post your R&D threads here, what are you working on?
cannondale27

Main Power Relay

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

Working on a better replacement solid state or at least sealed to prevent failure of relay.

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

Here you go . I have water proof relay pigtails. You can remove the cover from the stock relay and plug it right in. In the pic you can see the imfamous diode on the side of the coil.

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

The sealed relay cover plugs right in and it has its own mounting bracket. Now you can drown your quad in the river just like me.
I also have the connectors without pigtail wires so you can assemble your own connector and crimp on your on contacts. Other wise the pigtails can be easily soldred and heat shrunk to to save a few minutes of assembly time.
It boggles the mind how the factory could have used sealed connectors on EVERYTHING else and used a crappy open connector that has to work perfect 100 percent of the time .

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Solid State relay is on its way.According to my electronics expert it should work great.It plugs right in place of stocker.We will soon see if it works or frys my ECU:drink: Sometimes R&D makes me nervous.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Here it is.I dont have a quad to try it in yet but will let you know how it works.

quadprorider

#6 Post by quadprorider »

If you put it on your Dale and it doesn't fry anything, how much could you get me one for including shipping? Seems like a cheap insurance for not having corrosion:)Thanks, Nick.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

I got it for $35 but I will get them direct from Hella once I know they work.So should be cheaper.

wistech

#8 Post by wistech »

You know I bet we could modify those to fit on a waterproof connector.

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes it would be real easy to cut the top off the waterproof one and then you could fit whats left to the relay with some silicone.Then even the connections would be waterproof.

wistech

#10 Post by wistech »

Sweet.