Droping some lbs.

Your one stop show for various tips, tricks, and system updates.
speedracer

#1 Post by speedracer »

Anyone have some tips on shedding some pounds on a quad,without spending a ton of money on lighter a-arms,shocks.Other than wheels and tires,got that solved already.Thanks. unsure.gif

thedeatons

#2 Post by thedeatons »

Minus key switch, minus off/run switch. Just kill it with the clutch.

Install a size 9 battery (or a 5 if you are really brave and only ride in warm weather. (Use a Battery Tender Jr. with it).

FMF titanium exhaust.

Minus grab bar.

Remove some seat foam.

Remove either front brakes or rear brake. You don't need both for draggin...

That's it for now...

James

speedracer

#3 Post by speedracer »

Gonna try and keep it a sand machine,guess I will get the drill out.I saw Abbotts TT dale in person,he had drilled holes in everything,from the seatpan to clutch and break levers.I should have got a pic of that thing it was sweet!

claas900

#4 Post by claas900 »

Kuma

#5 Post by Kuma »

aren't the Fox Evol Floats lighter?
if you can put on a lighter wheel and tire combo, rotating weight is the best kind of weight to loose.

thedeatons

#6 Post by thedeatons »

Yeah, they are much lighter, but he mentioned a budget... smile.gif

speedracer

#7 Post by speedracer »

Yea I am just looking to some basic stuff,not wanting to build a drag only quad,a duner you could call it.Thanks for the thread 900.I saw Abbotts dale when I went to his shop to get some work done on my first dale.He was in Stover,Mo.He must of had 20 dales in his shop,a couple of GasGas 300s,that TT dale was the best out of all.Bad part,he said the engine was built by South bay.I read some stuff about those guys.Anyway,he is out of dales last I spoke to him,into Taz cars now.I still have one of his old airfilter set-ups.

Kuma

#8 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ May 10 2009, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, they are much lighter, but he mentioned a budget... smile.gif

Well, there's always anorexia laugh.gif
It may not be as easy as buying high $ parts but it is cheap.

moto440

#9 Post by moto440 »

if your just duning get some regular floats, not evols, they both weigh less than one spring shock, huge weight difference and they are too crazy for a used set, you might even be able to use a set from a yamaha sled or arctic cat sled just have to check the length

proflow

#10 Post by proflow »

I agree on the front shocks. I put Fox on my mod sled & dropped a few pounds . Great ride improvement even if replacing a decent shock to begin with.

Only one downfall I see on this for a quad though. You loose a seal out riding, your'e now riding a twisted trike. Shock sleves may help to keep sand off the shafts & seals some.

Anyone done this mod yet ?

What sled to pick from for proper length ?

Possibly Polaris Dragon, I'll measure mine eye to eye & post back.-------Proflow