Valve Spring Compressor?

azcannon

just ordered it

#11 Post by azcannon »

I just ordered the happyboy one. looks like it will compress a spring to me

J. Delaney

#12 Post by J. Delaney »

I used the regular "C" clamp type spring compressor and used a 1/2 drive socket as a spacer. The socket gives you ample room to reinstall the valve spring keepers.

cdalerider75

#13 Post by cdalerider75 »

Originally posted by J. Delaney
I used the regular "C" clamp type spring compressor and used a 1/2 drive socket as a spacer. The socket gives you ample room to reinstall the valve spring keepers.

Pic's please!!

r.porter

#14 Post by r.porter »

You can always make one. They are not that hard to make with a few simple tools.

duwax

#15 Post by duwax »

QUOTE (Jaybr @ Oct 3 2004, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looking for a valve spring compressor to work with our engines and having a hard time finding anything. Anyone have a part number of one that will work?

Greetings and salutations my good fellow,

I am not entirely sure if I can be of technical assistance to you in this matter, but Mildred and I were given a jolly fine emergency tool box by a fellow in South Africa who visIted our game farm late last year. The one tool which may or may not be of assistance to you was manufactured by the producers of the Austrian KTM motorcycle brand. It has a part number embossed in it as follows: U2RBPD2. So I guess if you use the fabulous services of the World Wide Web, you can source such a tool in no time at all.

Do keep well, and Mildred says that I should wish you a hearty Easter ride this weekend, what.

Best regards as always,

Brendal.

toothandnail

#16 Post by toothandnail »

[attachment=113:attachment]Here's a pic of the one I made a couple of days ago not too pretty but works very good, I think this design gives better access to the clips than one with cut outs on each side

What ???? won't load pic ????

cannondale27

#17 Post by cannondale27 »

Here are the pics from this thread.If one(pic) is yours please right click on it and save it then you can edit your post and put the picture back where it belongs for good hopefully.