Check Your Engines!!!!!!!!!!!!

DangerRanger

#21 Post by DangerRanger »

I looks like you can just remove the clutch cover and look for the flange headed nut on the top right of the motor, and if it is there you shouldn't have a problem? Am I correct or are the bolts in question above different ones?

Jeff @ Quadshop, any ideas?
4stroke madman??

Ben

cannondale27

#22 Post by cannondale27 »

I believe the problems occured when they switched to a case made of powdered aluminum which is a casting process that can make thin castings.The other motors which arent affected are cast out of molten aluminum.This applies to the motor mount bulletin and the stud update.But it wouldnt hurt to do the updates to All the motors.Why take a chance on a major failure?

Knight440

#23 Post by Knight440 »

Any of you guy know where we can get the stud update kits? sence we can't even seem to the the eng mount update makes me wounder where we are going to the the stud kit from:rolleyes: sad.gif

Jaybr

#24 Post by Jaybr »

Does anyone know exacty how many different types of cases there are? I have a really old one without the tranny site window, and I'm assuming there are a couple different versions with the sight window.

How does the molten vs powder case make a difference? do the bolts just not hold as well in the power case for some reason?

dawzie

#25 Post by dawzie »

Can somebody post a pic of the motor showing or not showing the logo and explain if you have this motor you are OK/ not OK. I am so confused now:confused:

Knight440

#26 Post by Knight440 »

Originally posted by dawzie
Can somebody post a pic of the motor showing or not showing the logo and explain if you have this motor you are OK/ not OK. I am so confused now:confused:

me too sad.gif it's like -2 out in the garage or id be out there riping mine apart sad.gif

xtremesj

#27 Post by xtremesj »

Thanks for the info on the loosening bolts. I just got finished fixing mine. I found one bolt that was within a thread or two of falling out. I am so glad I check mine. Everybody should check thier motor out. It is very easy.
Again Thanks Guys
This is a great forum.
Steve

moto440man

#28 Post by moto440man »

I am really glad everyone is checking their motors. I hope that I have saved some of you from what I am going through and the cost that it will take to get it fixed properly. I still love my quad and will continue to support Cannondales. I hope that we get a good buyer and will keep these quads going. I know they had some good plans on the table for future quads.

markvette

#29 Post by markvette »

if ya'll remember i posted about this problem a couple of weeks ago. many said they would wait to check their engines. guys do it now, there is no warning and it could cost you your engine. year dont mean nothing. we had an 03 replacement engine that the bolts backed out on. check them now and save yourself a lot of trouble later

Mark

cannondale27

Stud Update/motor mount

#30 Post by cannondale27 »

Here is a picture of the motors that cannondale says are affected by the motor mount update.Notice the Cannondale name.