Check Your Engines!!!!!!!!!!!!

cannondale27

#31 Post by cannondale27 »

If your motor has a sidecover that is silver like this it is a safe bet you have the stud update already.Markvette said it best though just check it for piece of mind.The motor mount update is MANDATORY and my quad wont see any jumps or rough terrain till it is done.Also take note of the second nut on the bolts that hold engine cradle to frame.Not only are they double nutted I also used red loctite.If these bolts come loose or cradle develops a crack without the update your motor WILL crack next.

Jaybr

#32 Post by Jaybr »

Checked mine yesterday and all the bolts where tight. Mine was built in late 2001 and has the old style case.

MotoX_Racer07

Update kits by Quad source

#33 Post by MotoX_Racer07 »

No advertising please - thanks, Ben

claas900

#34 Post by claas900 »

"No advertising please - thanks, Ben"....I might be out of line here? so plz forgive me.But "MotoX_Racer07" I didnt think that was/is advertisment? We have a common problem with this stud issue.And right now Cannon has no parts for us.I think were all are just trying to work togher to keep our bikes running.And I think if "Quadsours"has the parts to keep us going,or anyone else then so be it.Lets just keep on working on keeping our bikes running,and do or say what it takes to do that....Sorry im not flamming here,just trying to be honest...Thanks Patrick

jcv440

#35 Post by jcv440 »

Claas,

I do agree with you on this one.......but lets wait until after March 22nd(the day of the auction) and see what happens. Cannondale has full intentions of sending out all the updates, etc. If some doesn't buy them, or they don't live up to their word, then I vote to "unlock the flood gates"....

Charlie,
We need more info to help ya out man.

LapTraffic

#36 Post by LapTraffic »

I can mail you one on disk if you send me your address.

shoot me a pm

LapTraffic

#37 Post by LapTraffic »

In checking my studs, I did NOT have to bleed the clutch. I have a hydraulic equiiped clutch on an 03 le cannibal

The whole process took less than an hour to inspect and was well worth the piece of mind.

dawzie

#38 Post by dawzie »

Are any gaskets needed or anything else.?? I wanna do mine Saturday

LapTraffic

#39 Post by LapTraffic »

I did it in conjunction with an oil change so I didnt worry about that part, but I imagine that would work smile.gif

No gaskets are needed, the case cover has an O-ring

Im doing this from memory, so dont flame me if I miss a step smile.gif

Steps
1. Drain Fluid
2. Pull Gear Shifter
3. Pull case cover (the black one with the great big c on it)
4. Theres a clutch cover with 6 allen bolts, remove that
5. pull clutch plates (easier, they slide right out of the basket)
6. Remove C clip from the shaft
7. Pull the clutch basket out

You'll see the offending allen heads behind where the clutch basket was. I was not able to reach all of them for tightening. I checked to make sure none fo them were backing out. I put everything back together, went for my dunes ride, dropped the motor and took it to the dealer.

I did not have to make any adjustments or bleed the clutch, though I did get a syringe and mineral oil just in case.

When you do the inspection I strongly advise that if you have these allens you simply put it back together and take it to the dealer. Mine at least is still able to get these parts and is still doing warranty work.

Not worth it to gernade an engine.

dawzie

#40 Post by dawzie »

Thanks, I should be able to handle that!!. Walsh's dad had just rebuilt this motor before I got it. I got to call him Monday and get the run down on what all he did to this. I think it's all stock and the stud update came way after I bought it.