frame flush

kbrown

frame flush

#1 Post by kbrown »

Hey guys I am about to set my fresh 450 stroked engine in but i need to flush the frame I hear.... Any ideas on what to use and how to do it?????

timbomoose

#2 Post by timbomoose »

1st plug off all the oil lines(can use screws,bolts)then fill frame rails with fuel oil,deisel fuel,or kerosene.Using one of these fuels works good because mixes well with oil to get out of frame.When filled shake the living h!!@# out of the frame and can blast air through the breather on the air box.Drain frame.Repeat process as many times as needed.Also take bolts out of hoses and blow air through all the different passages. Helps loosen up anything that may be in corners.When it looks like no more debris is coming out flush again and then fill frame with oil shake up and stir up and drain.If no more metal shaving come out your done.If not keep repeating.Would be a good idea to install magnets to collect what you didn't get out.Kdeal has some nice magnetic drain plugs and wistech and c27 have some nice posts on putting them in the sump and frame.Make sure to do a good job or can damge your motor.Change the oil after about an hr.If alot of metal shows up in your filter change in an hr again.No matter how good of a job you do a little metal almost always shows up in the filter.Good luck!

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

So true . You can never flush the frame enough after a crank failure. I recomend pulling the frame and hanging it upside down and every which way to agitate all the settled debris. I also prefer pressure washing with heavy soap and water. Blasting in every single fitting hole and port. Then when you think you got it good do it all 2 more times. This is why I cover the sump floor and cyllinder head with magnets. They will catch almost all of the debris and save the nightmare . And the drain plug magnets are no substitute . They are helpful for routine maintenence but are not in the oil flow channels and to small to handle large quantities. The best fix is to update your crank before failure and not drive it to destruction.

JST

#4 Post by JST »

HEY FARRAR!!!you readin this!

jfarrar

#5 Post by jfarrar »

i've read on this a ton before and have repeadet and repeated flushes tossing turning flipping kicking slamming cussing you get the picture.and i still have sand in my frame.i goofed i think by not using a heavy enough liquid to carry out the particles that are left in there.i am not chancing it this time and am switching over to a different chassis.attention to anyone having a frame powdercoated if they are gonna sand blast it block off the holes yourself if you feel they are not worthy.i have been through 2 motors this year.one unexpected and the second after i flushed and flushed and eventually didnt get any more sand.AND IT IS STILL IN THERE!!!:hammer:

haydug

#6 Post by haydug »

Looks like they covered it for you! wink.gif

JST

#7 Post by JST »

1/2 azz covered 'em

kbrown

#8 Post by kbrown »

Well guys thanks for the help....man this is gonna be a pain..well enough BS got alot of work to do lol........thanks all