Carbon Buildup.

jwheat

Carbon Buildup.

#1 Post by jwheat »

Sandstorm mentioned carbon buildup in a earlier post, so I decided to tell everyone a good way to remove it. MotorVac makes a chemical that is used in their Carbon MotorVac machine. Add 2 oz. per gallon to your tank every now and then and it will help remove the carbon from your piston tops, valve seats, ring grooves. If you have access to a Carbon MotorVac machine, then you can actually hook-up to your fuel system and do fuel rail flush also. Seafoam also makes a chemical called Motor-Tune that will remove carbon by adding to your fuel system. It works pretty good but not as well as the MotorVac chemical. SeaFoam flash burns and MotorVac slow burns. If you open the air intake tract in front of the throttlebody and spray either of these chemicals into the throttlebody while running the engine, it will clean the throttlebody and the IAC.

Warning.......use in WELL VENTILATED areas!!

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Very good tip.Seems like even on a great running motor carbon builds up especially in exhaust ports.Shame to port a motor and have all that crud ruin the effect.Not to mention chance of detonation.My Tacoma started pinging alot with cheap gas.Sea Foam did the trick on that.I will copy this in FAQ section also.

J. Delaney

#3 Post by J. Delaney »

I've used straight water to decarbon engines. Works pretty good. Just use a spray bottle with a fine mist and spray down the throttle body while holding the throttle at 3500 rpm.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Yeah I remember doing that in school:D Makes a heck of a mess coming out tailpipe especially when someone is walking there!