afr meter

Happyboy

#11 Post by Happyboy »

here is one of the pipe...the biggest thing I found when doing this is to be sure to grind the bung down so you don't impede the flow of the headerpipe. Dang hard steel is HARD!! Also, you can't weld it straight into the pipe, it will hit the fuel tank. So we put it on at an angle. I will put more pics up when I get it back up and running next week.

Happyboy

#12 Post by Happyboy »

oops...here is the pipe.

Also, the reading is supposed to be pretty good but we want this reader to run a little rich as we running a richer than a car. I think its like lights 5 and 6. Best thing to do it take a dyno run or plug check on one that is right, then look at what this reads. The guy that did this before said it was light 5 and 6.

I am making it so I can swap this on and off on all my quads. Take the sensor out and put a plug into the pipe. Just be sure to grind the plug down flush on the side so you don't mess with airflow.

Happyboy

#13 Post by Happyboy »

found the article. smile.gif gotta give some credit.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php...ighlight=sunpro

jfarrar

#14 Post by jfarrar »

where is the best pace for the sensor to be located?does it matter i see yous is near where the pipes connect

Happyboy

#15 Post by Happyboy »

From my readings I think it is best to be as close to the motor as possible but after the pipes join. That way you get an over all reading and not just off one port. I think I read somewhere that ~6" off the head is best.

wanablaze

#16 Post by wanablaze »

So this would probably be a little more difficult to do with the Ti- header, huh? :mad: Good find.smile.gif

Happyboy

#17 Post by Happyboy »

more difficult? nah....its doable on any of the headers. Just gotta weld it right at the end.

jfarrar

#18 Post by jfarrar »

couldnt find the gauge at autozone so i ordered one from summit part number SUN-CP8200 26.69
bung and plug INN-3735 8.95
oxy sensor was at autozone 16.99

summit also had some really nice guages that gave the actual reading instead of lights the needle pointed right at the number.those were like 70 bones i think.thanks again happyboy you saved me allotta money

jfarrar

#19 Post by jfarrar »

got the gauge,oxy sensor and bung all installed this afternoon.ill post pics as soon as i can talk slicknick into coming and taking them.the way it is wired is only temporary as i need a few items yet.im gonna make a quick connect wiring harness for it so i can take it on and off easily.the mount for the gauge i made out of some scrap alluminum i had and comes off with one bolt.i mounted it so the gauge is just above the barpad for easy viewing.

took it for a test spin and found that i am pretty rich throughout.hopefuly this week or maybe this weekend(i gotta work :cry: )ill get a chance to play with the settings and map and see if i can get er just perfect.pretty cool when you rev the quad and let off the light light up from rich to lean and put on a pretty cool light show.lol

jfarrar

#20 Post by jfarrar »

also i did find the gauge at autozone in the preformance section for 24.99