afr meter

Happyboy

#21 Post by Happyboy »

smile.gif Yeah, bet those autozone boys didn't help at all did they.

Hey, did you just rig the sensor up hanging off the pipe? How good of readings can you get that way since if can be affected by outside air?

jfarrar

#22 Post by jfarrar »

no i welded thebung on and mounted the sensor right after the pipes meet like yours.if i get a chance ill dangle it out infront of the silencer tomorrow see how that affects it.

Happyboy

#23 Post by Happyboy »

dang you are fast!!

This kinda sucks. I have been meaning to do this for about a month and then decided to go ahead and do a top end rebuild. sad.gif Now I am not original!! But, at least we can see how it works.

Now don't forget, according to that sensor combo you want it to show a little rich.

jfarrar

#24 Post by jfarrar »

yeah i was lit up on the 9th light almost consistantly.wich is correct spot.i read 5-6th and also 6-7th?

cannondale27

#25 Post by cannondale27 »

This is cool guys!I am going to make one of these up for sure.Thanks

Derno24

#26 Post by Derno24 »

Is everyone planning on leaving these on permanently or are you going to plug the hole and just put it in every so often. I can't imagine the meter is water or mud proof.

Happyboy

#27 Post by Happyboy »

you take it out and put a plug in.

Zerotact

#28 Post by Zerotact »

Quite interested in how well these actually work out... since they are narow band o2 sensors, and not wideband o2 sensors, they will not react quickly. And would require you to run at a steady rpm for some amount of time.
Or you can just crack the throttle and watch all the pretty lights...

Canniboomer

#29 Post by Canniboomer »

Narrow band is fine for read-only, and the more light segments the better. I've had 2 autometer 20-light 7175's and mounts for more than a year, and still not installed!!, so Happyboy is fast by comparison.rolleyes.gif

We should all install these and just tell newbies that they came as standard equipment!

Happyboy

#30 Post by Happyboy »

?? fast by comparison? Still not installed. :hammer: