i have the same one derno YTX12A-BS same size as the 9 but more cca

Swampdale

#22 Post by Swampdale »

Jeff@Quadshop sells them!
I've bought a few from him in the past.

:usa

blaze#52

#23 Post by blaze#52 »

i just bought one tonight, i needed it bad for the state championship race so i could get my 24 volt system complete, i paid 49.95 at advanced auto, and they had it in stock

cannondale27

Battery FAQ

#24 Post by cannondale27 »

Compiled:

HouserCannondale

#25 Post by HouserCannondale »

hey buddy I am pretty sure you need to take a whole bottle of chill pills. I have installed many of the ytx12a-bs batteries because.. well lets see I work at a cycle shop for one, and also its one that specializes in cannondale's. actually its haydug cycles, and I am pretty sure that battery fits perfectly. actually I have a battery here that I will bet you on it. sounds like you are who screwed up, you were dumb enough to bust your battery tray trying to put it in. Better go back to the drawing board. tongue.gif

proflow

#26 Post by proflow »

QUOTE (blaze#52 @ Mar 12 2004, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the stock one is a "9" size the length and width are the same but on the 12 the height is taller. i had to pull my starter and the fuel pressure regulator and grind some out of the battery box to get it to fit, a little extra time but it is worth it, i was going to go with a 2 battery set up but not know, it works great

I too just did the 12, shes got 180cca now! I already had the battery from my R1 , otherwise Id went w/the other that fits w/high cca. Yep, pull starter, grind a tad out of the box. I built a small brkt. w/nutserts to remount the fuel pressure reg. Timely but worth it.----Proflow

peterock

#27 Post by peterock »

Well, I had to be different smile.gif I went with the Odyssey PC545.

CCA: 185

Pulsed cranking amps for initial 5 secs: 545

Weight: 12lbs

2 year warranty

Battery is a dry cell battery with superior vibration resistance.

big catch is that it is about 1" wider so I have make a custom box for it, but it fits in the space provided without having remove anything. Once the motor has a high comp piston I'm sure the pulse cranking amps will be nice especially in the winter here is Wisconsin.

I picked this one up at batteries plus, retails for $120 but I get my work discount smile.gif Battery is also listed on the that batteries4everthing site listed in this post for $89 plus shipping.