oil shooting in airbox hole has anyone pluged up the line

snake plissken

#1 Post by snake plissken »

Ok the oil level is fine, i changed the oil and only added a quart it marks low on dip stick and still shoots out airbox hole. My 02 blaze already has the breather update as well. my idea was to either plug the hose going to airbox has anyone done this? or cut the line right by the dipstick is located in that general area put another tee and run the line and tee it in to another place keep in mind i already have the update.. has anyone done anything like this?? or am i just plain nuts lol stealthtturbo@aol.com

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Dont run your motor anymore than to check for proper oil flow!Something is amiss.Look into the fill hole and you should see oil flowing down the small hole.If not either your rear oil screen is plugged or main oil pump has failed could be stuck checkball or a sheared drive pin or even counterbalancer shaft.

snake plissken

#3 Post by snake plissken »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Aug 12 2006, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dont run your motor anymore than to check for proper oil flow!Something is amiss.Look into the fill hole and you should see oil flowing down the small hole.If not either your rear oil screen is plugged or main oil pump has failed could be stuck checkball or a sheared drive pin or even counterbalancer shaft.

I got my air compresor and shot air through the airbox hole loosened the oil cap a bit then i ran it till it got hot reved it several times for a long period of time and no oil im guessing something was just cloged hope it stays that way !! any thougyts let me know thanks

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Could have been the checkball sticking closed.Most have opposite problem but definitly possibility.I would check the oil screen at back of motor left and below exhaust.It has the hose that is at a 90 and goes from frame to motor.Have you rechecked your oil level?Is it flowing?