need some help!!!

02canibalrider

#11 Post by 02canibalrider »

yeah its 6 hours 19mins 387 miles to his place. that wouldnt be to bad so your saying take the motor out and bring it to him or just the whole quad? if its just the motor that would be no problem i would drive out there or just ship the motor to him. I am gunna ask this guy exactly what was done to this dale so i can get to the bottom of it all so i can make my decision. I just dont want to buy it and have it be un reliable and break apart. thanks for the help

02canibalrider

#12 Post by 02canibalrider »

how are the dales ohlins shocks? they good for mx jumps? thats what i plan on doing jumps and trails.

02canibalrider

#13 Post by 02canibalrider »

also if i put a slip on pipe on it would i have to tweak with the efi? or will it adjust?

thedeatons

#14 Post by thedeatons »

For jumping it better have Blaze Ohlins or Moto Ohlins, either can be identified with the piggyback style reservoirs and adjusters knobs. ANything else will rock you hard.

Slip on will help, but if there is porting and 62 hp then it should have an exhaust on it already. Probably shouldn't mess with a dyno sheet proven 62hp. It took me nearly $1000 to get my 51.8hp.

I would get one again. I can't afford anything else anywhere near the ballpark of the performance I get from my Dale. Just be ready to get your hands dirty. Get ahold of Timbo. He's great.

timbomoose

#15 Post by timbomoose »

I'd be really skeptical on the hp claimed on this quad. Some things don't add up. Having a stock pipe and getting 62 hp is extremely unlikely especially out of a 450cc. If he has a dyno sheet see if it is a dyno jet dyno they are very accurate. I dyno'ed one of my quads on a mustang car dyno and said I got 84hp 55 lbs tq.When on the dynojet same quad put out 58.8hp which was more realistic motor size was 495cc. 62hp is extreme and very rare for any 450 quad even with 500cc+ big bore kits on any brand. Stage 3 fuel mapping , air box sensor mod ,sound sketchy,and never heard of,but might be what the local builder calls his mods. If this is a true 62hp quad $2500 is a complete steel. Most brands you will put $3000 into a motor to get a true55hp. A way of telling if this is a 62hp quad is by riding. In 5th gear it should be lifting the front end without even trying with the stock swingarm with 14-42 gearing or lower and should be a complete flyswatter in 1st-4th. $2500 is a fair price even for a good cond. stock quad. Doesn't sould like you can go wrong. See who the builder was and mayby you can get some info on what updates were done or put a post on the site about the builder and others who had work done could chime in and let you know their experience with their work. If in great condition sound like a fair price no matter what the hp or model c'dale they're a blast.