open filter system

MyCannibal

#1 Post by MyCannibal »

Im getting ready to install Boomers open filter setup...any pointers from anyone out there?...will I need to make some adjustments with my D&M after install?...should it start up and idle without making any adjustments after install?..thanks.

thedeatons

#2 Post by thedeatons »

What exhaust are you running?

If you are running an afterkmarket or FMF Ti exhaust then I would switch to a Moto map. They do very good with the open filter setup and are usually very close to being just right.

All of our quads set up like this have a modified Moto map, with timing taken out of the bottom end for easier starting, and we are seeing 45hp on the Dyno with barely any tweeking.

That is it, enjoy... Major power ahead for you.

rayspeed

#3 Post by rayspeed »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ Apr 1 2008, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What exhaust are you running?

If you are running an afterkmarket or FMF Ti exhaust then I would switch to a Moto map. They do very good with the open filter setup and are usually very close to being just right.

All of our quads set up like this have a modified Moto map, with timing taken out of the bottom end for easier starting, and we are seeing 45hp on the Dyno with barely any tweeking.

That is it, enjoy... Major power ahead for you.

Would you happen to have a way to post or pm me that map? One of the ones in my group has this setup and I need to remap it soon. I am anxious to try one with a little less timing in the startup to see how much it helps with starting!
Thanks in advance!
Ray

MyCannibal

#4 Post by MyCannibal »

Im running an HMF pipe...so you say just switch to the moto map and see what happens?...

thedeatons

#5 Post by thedeatons »

Well, what will happen is an increase in hp... The Moto map made the most hp on the dyno for our group, we compared quite a few of them.

Cdsracer has the map, I will try to get it from him.

There will alwys be a better custom map, if you use the dyno to tune it. The Moto map is not a cure all, but it is safe enough to use with no typical problems. The Cannibal map compensated for the toaster exhaust by having A LOT of timing, so it will not run correctly with aftermarket exhaust and airbox mods. Make sure you read that right, it will work, but not as efficiently as other maps, proven on the dyno with our own money.

MyCannibal

#6 Post by MyCannibal »

I have the regular moto map on my laptop...I dont need it.

Denny08

#7 Post by Denny08 »

I have a blaze that I opened up the nose to let more air in should I put the moto map in it.I'm also running the full hmf system.