clogged injectors

rocketcannon

#1 Post by rocketcannon »

I got an 01 cannibal with some defects. first off the starter is goin bad really bad, it just spins and once a blue moon it will engage. second i just replaced my fuel pump and it sounds like its pumping but i was told to check the tank to see if the gas is cycling but i have seen nothing comming out does that mean the injectors are clogged? also where's the oil resevoir on these things i mean there just wild and wish to atleast ride it once before winter. i've only owned this for a couple months and bought it in the condition it was. i was told it just needs a starter, well thats not the half of it. so any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!! Oh and any members in OHIO? in the AKRON area?

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

Welcome! Check with member Speed2424 as he is in South Canton.

As for a few of your questions:

1) The starter spinning is a defective one way bearing in the motor. Unfortunately it is in the middle of the motor where you have to pretty much disassemble everything in the motor to get to it.
2) As for your gas problem, it sounds like you may have a clogged disconnect, not a clogged injector. These are easy to fix as you just drill them out and gut them.
3) The oil reservoir is the frame itself. The dipstick is located under the right headlight assembly. Take off the two screws that hold the light cover down and when you pull it off look in side on the frame and you can see it.

I highly recommend contacting someone with a litttle knowledge of these things before you spend any money or tear into it.

Good Luck!

rocketcannon

#3 Post by rocketcannon »

thanks alot sounds like an easy fix minus the bearing good grief

speed2424

#4 Post by speed2424 »

Contact me at 330-866-2770 if you want some help with this bike. I am only 30 min from you. Thanks Kevin