battery and oil filter

djslyde

#1 Post by djslyde »

What is the stock battery # or a good battery. Also where can I get an oil filter for my 03 cannibal

THANKS.

Canniboomer

#2 Post by Canniboomer »

... For the EXACT same casing size as stock, the YUASA YT12A-BS is probably the most non-controversial, and 175cca compared to 120cca of the stocker.

Knock-offs may be found at discount stores, and would have "similar" part numbers. Beware, there are several other 12's out there, and the same-series YTX12-BS is a full 3/4" taller than the stock YTX9-BS.

Oil filters?,.... always in stock and cheap, -- but you will need more than one -- unless you are servicing it to sell off.

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

Whatever you do DO NOT buy a walmart never start battery. I used to be a fan of the larger capacity ones but in the end atv batteries are so fragile and easily ruined by overcharging ,and discharging the best bet has been to find whatever find in the stock size arond $50. It sucks when something happenes and you $120 battery gets sulfated over the weekend because you left the key on or a stator wire melted. The size 9 yuasa stockers have proven to be the most durable/longest life/economical and will still start even the biggest stroker motors. Thats what the decomp is for.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

I just bought a stock Yuasa.Sadly they arent cheap anymore.$85!I heard if you order a OEM battery through Honda or Yamaha(there is a part #) the prices are still low.Otherwise I think the Walmart route may be way to go.Just dont count on the first one being a keeper.May take a few trys to get a good one but at least replacements are free.

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

I think Tim and I are like 0-4 for the Walmarts. I have a had a couple bad yuasa's from parts unlimited($48) but even with that the majority do last several years. Its a crap shoot.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

You better check price again John. They went nuts.

djslyde

#7 Post by djslyde »

Thank you so much. Who has the oil filters I will buy them. Paypal?? or credit card.

Dachshund

#8 Post by Dachshund »

black widow, Peterock, Canniboomer. All site sponsers.

djslyde

#9 Post by djslyde »

What does BS stand for at the end of the battery? i found a battery ytx9 but no bs at the end.

Canniboomer

#10 Post by Canniboomer »

That would likley be another made-China imitation of the genuine stock Yuasa, and the same rating as our stock one -- They cannot copy the model number exactly, but they get sort of close. Also compare size and cca rating, just to avoid surprises.