battery and oil filter

djslyde

#11 Post by djslyde »

Same size and cca is 120. it was at a polaris dealer.They said it is what they se on their quads. It did say yuasa on the side. Ill wait untill i find a YT12a BS

Canniboomer

#12 Post by Canniboomer »

I see the YTX9 is indeed Yuasa, and factory pre-activated and sealed -- but the exact same rating.

The YT12A-BS is used on the big Suzuki Motorcycles 650 to 1300cc -- you might compare price of that one from a Suzuki dealer.

Now I'm curious, so maybe let us know the retail pricing?.... thanks..

peterock

#13 Post by peterock »

I have been using the odyssey PC545 for the last year. seems to be holding up pretty good and cranks that 14.5:1 piston over no problem. little bit bigger then stock so you have to modify the battery tray.

You could try the PC310 as it should fit in the stock battery holder.
http://www.odysseyfactory.com/powerspecs.html

djslyde

#14 Post by djslyde »

Ok i bought the ytx 9 bs($89.00) so I can get this running. Nobody stocks the other batterys listed above Battery has 12.85 volts fuel pump is running and the starter is running spinning . Just wont start. every once in awhile I will get a chug out of it . Could it be fouled plugs if so where are they located? Any help is great i would love to ride in the next two weeks when im on vacation.

thedeatons

#15 Post by thedeatons »

You may have a spun flywheel... Have you checked that? Let me know if you need to know how. The EFI troubleshooting manual is downloadable on cannondaler.com. That has a lot of great troubleshooting in it!

djslyde

#16 Post by djslyde »

I need all the help i can get. Spun fly wheel as in if i were to try to move it, it would move easy? If thats the case than no. I spin it and it turns the fuel pump on and i hear gas pumping. I am going to print out that the efi trouble shooting now. Thanks

claas900

#17 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (djslyde @ Jul 30 2008, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I need all the help i can get. Spun fly wheel as in if i were to try to move it, it would move easy? If thats the case than no. I spin it and it turns the fuel pump on and i hear gas pumping. I am going to print out that the efi trouble shooting now. Thanks

the pump will primp couse the ecu thinks the motor is turning over. You really shouldn't be able to turn it over by bare hand. If the nut in the center stays put and the flywheel turns then you have found your problem. Or get a 17mm socket take off the nut and locking washer and look for the key way slot,the slot should line up with the "C" on cannondale on the flywheel.

djslyde

#18 Post by djslyde »

Yea, No i cant turn it by hand that is only when i am using the 17mm socket. Last time i rode it i did check the key and it was in the correct place. but i will check again tomorrow after work since it is 12:40am now. Thanks again

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

Your plug is probably fouled like you said.Fresh gas and new plug.

peterock

#20 Post by peterock »

and when you are cranking it over, look inside your tank to make sure you have good fuel flow. the gas should be coming out of the return line and almost hitting the back of the tank.