Cannibal 440

250rrider911

#1 Post by 250rrider911 »

Hi, I'm new to this site, I have a Cannibal 440. The motor is blown, I was wanting to know how hard it it going to be to fix it. I need a new timing chain, and guides, new piston, starting solenoid, and full exhaust. Since I need a lot of this stuff, is there any way I can get little more power? I don't know much about these. I've looked on Ebay but is there any one that has a cheap exhaust, and all the parts I need?

thedeatons

#2 Post by thedeatons »

Cheap exhaust, yes. The stock stainless headers are great unless you are trying to beat people on the dyno and need every .1hp out of your machine. We can talk more about that later.

Where are you located?

Have you downloaded all the manuals from Cannondaler.com yet? Make sure you print them and put them in protective vinyl sheets in a 3 ring binder. This way you can reference them during the rebuild and not worry about greasy fingers.

Call Black Widow ATV or Canniboomer for parts, they are great, and very well priced.

The engines are pretty simple, and the free manual will tell you everything, although it will need a few simple changes made to it regarding torque values among a couple other things.

Tell us more about what you had in mind for power. With an aftermarket exhaust canister and open intake filter setup (assuming a fresh rebuild) you will have 45hp at the rear wheels. Is that enough? 4hp more will cost you about $400 (for 49hp total), then another 2hp will cost you another $350 (for 52hp total). Any of the hp mods I just mentioned costing extra money will also require a dyno session to tune the engine correctly. The exhaust can and open intake simply require a different Cannondale map.

250rrider911

#3 Post by 250rrider911 »

I do not have any access to a dyno. All I want the 4 wheeler to do is out run a yfz with a pipe. I bought the bike with the blown motor it's chipped badly I've seen the 460 kit i might go with it. I don't know any change about mapping never heard of it. I can't download the manual. What marks do I align with the cam?

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

What year YFZ? If '05 or earlier a stock Dale with a filter and exhaust should pull it, at least mine did. '06 and later YFZ you should get head ported by Timbo on your Cannondale along with exhaust and open filter. That will put you in the hunt. 97mm CP in there for a true 450 will ensure it.

250rrider911

#5 Post by 250rrider911 »

what would i have to do to make it out run the newer yfz450. give me a list and, tell me how to do all the mods.