another fx question...

Trouble

#1 Post by Trouble »

upon further inspection after dissassembling my engine,i noticed that my bike doesnt have a collar behind the flywheel.i looked at my flywheel and it appears to have a longer hub for the crank so it doesnt look like one was ever there.the original owner who bought the bike new(he gave me the title)insist the only thing that was ever done was the valves adjusted.i swear i have a stepchild or a prototype of some kind.i thought these engines were more or less the same as the later models with exception to the cases and brass caged main bearing.Mine also has the aluminum valve cover which should have been magnesium on the early models,man im learning on the fly..

Canniboomer

#2 Post by Canniboomer »

QUOTE (Trouble @ Mar 3 2009, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
upon further inspection after dissassembling my engine,i noticed that my bike doesnt have a collar behind the flywheel.i looked at my flywheel and it appears to have a longer hub for the crank so it doesnt look like one was ever there.the original owner who bought the bike new(he gave me the title)insist the only thing that was ever done was the valves adjusted.i swear i have a stepchild or a prototype of some kind.i thought these engines were more or less the same as the later models with exception to the cases and brass caged main bearing.Mine also has the aluminum valve cover which should have been magnesium on the early models,man im learning on the fly..

Yo.....I remember we spoke about a month ago -- you indeed have an Aluminum Valvecover, and that is true for any S-500 setup. They all used the early ALuminum version from Cannondale.
Your stator does not need a spacer collar behind it, since you have the earliest John-Deere case, and without the later pass-through stator seal. Your setup is perfectly normal -- just OLD! wink.gif

Trouble

#3 Post by Trouble »

Your setup is perfectly normal -- just OLD

Jeez thanx,you have a way with words laugh.gif