newbe

spoolie25

#1 Post by spoolie25 »

i found a speed for 700 bucks needs the engine done guess why lol. my uncle had a few a while back and i miss riding alot lol. who still does engine rebuilds and performance work .
also what are good companys for parts i have seen the form sponsors and what not .
thanks for the help guys

MX Quad Dad

#2 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Stick with the forum sponcers. the more reading you do here the more you will understand why. many levels of help here, from questions answered here to one on one phone assistance and some will actually hands on show you how to get and keep these thing going

ry415

#3 Post by ry415 »

I've always dealt with Caniboomer quick shipping and really detailed instructions on installation. He also gives lots of phone and email support.

whats wrong w/the motor?

spoolie25

#4 Post by spoolie25 »

QUOTE (ry415 @ Dec 2 2011, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've always dealt with Caniboomer quick shipping and really detailed instructions on installation. He also gives lots of phone and email support.

whats wrong w/the motor?

i will have it this after noon the crank went bad and took out the rest of the engine the guy said. the quad is in real nice,shape and for 700 bucks cant bet it it still have the lil tits on the tires. he said its prob got about 12 hours on it.
any thing i should look for before buy???
thanks for the help guys

speedracer

#5 Post by speedracer »

Welcome.Sounds like a good deal.I think most would have pushed their Dales off a cliff by now if not for this site and sponsors.If you have the funds,might consider buying a good used engine from a site member here.Make sure to rinse your frame out to remove debris from the crank failure.Good-luck with your Dale.

ry415

#6 Post by ry415 »

honestly 700 for a non running dale is alot unless its a moto or glamis. id low ball and wait on a call back. youll need a skilled mechanic and plenty of support from site sponsors to get her goin. parts are easy to come. y and the reward of having a good running dale is like no other plus half the guys in the pit will have no clue what that funny lookin 450r is thats blowin the doors off everyone in site.

claas900

#7 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (spoolie25 @ Dec 1 2011, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i found a speed for 700 bucks needs the engine done guess why lol. my uncle had a few a while back and i miss riding alot lol. who still does engine rebuilds and performance work .
also what are good companys for parts i have seen the form sponsors and what not .
thanks for the help guys

where are you out of?

spoolie25

#8 Post by spoolie25 »

QUOTE (claas900 @ Dec 3 2011, 04:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
where are you out of?

so i picked it up ots in nice shape beside the motor i was mistakin with the motor problem a valve droped and went threw the head but did no damage to the pistion. thats funny to me since i work on cars for a living . there cant be more than a few hours on this thing . it came with ac nerf bars and a few other goodies.
my uncle went with me to pick it up and he still has a **** load of parts for me. lucky me smile.gif cant wait to get riding again

MX Quad Dad

#9 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (spoolie25 @ Dec 3 2011, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i was mistakin with the motor problem a valve droped and went threw the head but did no damage to the pistion.

Boy???? I would like to see some pic's of that. I take it it is allready tore down?

spoolie25

#10 Post by spoolie25 »

QUOTE (MX Quad Dad @ Dec 3 2011, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Boy???? I would like to see some pic's of that. I take it it is allready tore down?

i will have to try and figure out how to post them up here i will try to get them up mpnday when i get the quad to my shop and lay all the parts out before i send it out. i have been reading a pretty good amount . so let me ask this whats the best bang for my buck with who to send it out too and to get some stuff done i mean a few hundred extra to get some more power is no big deal. just would like to what you guys suggest.. thanks a bunch