02 speed purchased

coffeeman

#1 Post by coffeeman »

New to the forum and was looking for info on my new toy 02 speed.Looking for opinions on this thing,was bought new by my buddy and not rode much,he got mad after the warranty/service was not available anymore.I rode it a few times and now im the proud new owner,lol.looking into getting the communication cable/programs to be able to adjust/reload ecu maps and adjustments.Any info/opinions welcomed.This thing cuts out randomly and smoothes back out if the clutch is pulled in?this quad has never been opened up pure stock.... thanks for any info , Coffeeman

also looking for nerf bars and a gas cap,lol imagine that...

speedracer

#2 Post by speedracer »

Welcome.You are looking for a D&M kit to change maps,they pop-up here for sale from time to time,or you can get one from a site sponsor here also.As far as your Speed cutting out,could be several things:I assume its cutting out under throttle,clogged fuelfilter or tank screen,look in the tank with the cap off while its running to see if you are getting good fuel return,swollen o-rings @ the tank disconnects will limit fuel flow,sparkplug fouled,bad coil or it could need a throttle recal.Where are you out of?Also,when you change your oil,look in the filter carefully for metal shavings.Hope this helps.

coffeeman

#3 Post by coffeeman »

QUOTE (speedracer @ Feb 23 2012, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome.You are looking for a D&M kit to change maps,they pop-up here for sale from time to time,or you can get one from a site sponsor here also.As far as your Speed cutting out,could be several things:I assume its cutting out under throttle,clogged fuelfilter or tank screen,look in the tank with the cap off while its running to see if you are getting good fuel return,swollen o-rings @ the tank disconnects will limit fuel flow,sparkplug fouled,bad coil or it could need a throttle recal.Where are you out of?Also,when you change your oil,look in the filter carefully for metal shavings.Hope this helps.

yes it was under throttle,new fuel filter
seems to run better tonight as it was in the 40' ..... tank is clean,got a new plug just need to install,will check those things while changing the plugs.live in central ohio. and big thanks for the info ill check out the sponsers stuff. fyi .....was running pretty good tonight ,cant wait to get it all right smile.gif

speedracer

#4 Post by speedracer »

Glad to hear its running better.While you have the tank off,might want to check all you fuel lines,if they are stock,they are prone to dry-rot,cheap insurance.One thing I forgot to mention is the relay on the ECU tray,in cold temps they seem to make the quad run rough(sometimes).Might want to do a search on that subject,quite a few posts!I have had mine un-pluged for years with no problems. wink.gif