Battery Tender Jr

TheJaspMan

Battery Tender Jr

#1 Post by TheJaspMan »

How much draw do you think a Battery Tender Jr does over night? In my vehicle I have an inverter. And I was thinking when I go camping I could plug it in over night just to be safe in the morning. Is this over kill? Do I need to worry about killing my auto battery? Has anyone ever rode all day and then had a dead battery the next morning?

Speed03

battery tender

#2 Post by Speed03 »

A battery tender will not draw much current, causing your truck battery to have any issues in the am. But your battery should be charged to the max if you rode it from the day before. If you would like a sense of security you could let it be on charge but I doubt you it willl be equivent to having the radio on for 30 minutes, if you were to leave your tender on all night.

Dan

TheJaspMan

#3 Post by TheJaspMan »

I was just thinking it would be better to be safe than sorry. My first ride ever was with a nearly dead battery for the first hour and that sucked.

Speed03

#4 Post by Speed03 »

Can you say spit and sputter!!

TheJaspMan

#5 Post by TheJaspMan »

Tell me about it! It was my first time on a Cdale and worse I had not had time to sit on any quad for nearly three months. So I was rusty and a rookie!!

I was getting tired of killing it and then pushing it back to jump her again. Then I tried to take her into the woods way too soon. It was a fun but looooong morning.

Speed03

#6 Post by Speed03 »

I honestly dont think Cannondale put a big enough alternator in there bikes. The alternator can barely keep up with the ecu and fuel pump and lights if there were on, forget about bring a dead or low battery up to full charge even at running at 8k rpm.

TheJaspMan

#7 Post by TheJaspMan »

I know, it took forever to charge the thing. I don't think I shut it off for a few hours straight.

I have went camping before and my old quad not want to start in the morning for one reason or another. So all I am trying to do is eliminate one more possibilty. There is nothing worse than waking up to a dead quad hour and hours from home!!!

Canniboomer

#8 Post by Canniboomer »

Definitely buy the Junior or new Waterproof Junior for each bike you have, and ridingmower and anything with a battery, and overnight during rides plugged to inverter no problem....mount the leads for a quickie disconnect -- you won't use much if not convenient and simple. Anyone know best price to buy these?
I need about 4.

thomez

#9 Post by thomez »

I think Doug sells them :deal:

Drew

#10 Post by Drew »