Change your axle

haydug

Change your axle

#1 Post by haydug »

To start with, remove the left hub on the axle. Take a flat head screwdriver and remove the rubber boot that covers the lock nut. Next step is to loosen the 3 allen screws on the lock nut(3 mm).

haydug

#2 Post by haydug »

Next, after loosening the 3 allen head screws, loosen the "jam" nut. To loosen, turn it towards the front of the bike. I used channel lock pliers on this one because it was already scarred up. You can use a pipe wrench, or screwdriver inserted into on of the holes to loosen it. Sometimes a little heat speeds things up as well.

haydug

#3 Post by haydug »

After spinning the nut all the way off, you will see a threaded sleeve, it needs to be pushed in all the way towards the rotor to get the clips out(the clip in in my hand in the picture). Once you take out the clips, just pull off the sleeve, and then pull your disc hub off.
I have left the disc hub on and left the caliper bolted on. This makes it alittle difficult, but most of the time this is the way I do it. On this particular model, everything was already unbolted.

haydug

#4 Post by haydug »

Here is a picture of me sliding out the axle, leaving the brake rotor and caliper attached.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Nice!Lots of people have questioned how to do this.

Ryanstones

OMG that's a nasty! Quad!

#6 Post by Ryanstones »

How in the world does it get THAT BAD?

You might as well have given a axle bearing tutorial while you were at it!sad.gif

fyrmedic

#7 Post by fyrmedic »

WOW, how did your swing arm go from silver to black that quick??:eek: freaky!

kdeal

#8 Post by kdeal »

Check out the new bolts in the Haydug section for the rear rotor & rear sprocket. SWEET

thunderwolf

#9 Post by thunderwolf »

I swear I had a post in here somewhere.:confused: