Fuel Line

311racer

#11 Post by 311racer »

The last time I bought fuel line, it was from napa. I was able to use the stock sleeves over it. Just take a old peace with you.

Easy E

#12 Post by Easy E »

Dudes....this post is almost four years old blink.gif

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

Yeah but still good tips. Now I just call Canniboomer he has the right stuff.

Nickc711

#14 Post by Nickc711 »

QUOTE (Easy E @ Mar 14 2008, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dudes....this post is almost four years old blink.gif

so, i posted this b/c i always see people asking about fuel line and how it don't fit w/ the old sleeve
and instead of starting a new topic i added to an old one wink.gif

Canniboomer

#15 Post by Canniboomer »

QUOTE (311racer @ Mar 14 2008, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The last time I bought fuel line, it was from napa. I was able to use the stock sleeves over it. Just take a old piece with you.

Beware of matching up Cannondale fuel line, since that is NOT even basic fuel line, and certainly not the Fuel Injection stuff. -- they gave us hydraulic hose instead, which is why it becomes hard and cracking by now.

If you use C27's suggestion with a rubber-tip air hose, you can easily get our stock sleeving over the 1/4" EFI line. It just takes two hands, your foot or a bench vise, and pulsing air into the end of the new hose section... and into a stretched out section of sleeve that is closed at the far end. The sleeve will inflate as you inch-worm the hose inside. The technique is quite easy, once you get the hang of it. (OK OK , maybe it takes three hands I forget, but it's still simple enough)

NAPA is about $7/ft for EFI hose now, but I keep 1/4 and 5/16 in stock for $4.50 and $5.00 per foot, FYI.

Also note, I have HD impregnated heat sleeve OK to 1200F, for $1.50 ft as pictured here. For non-protected sections it is quite nice, as you can clamp OVER it for a clean install (even between injectors), using a size-larger clamp.

Easy E

#16 Post by Easy E »

QUOTE (Nickc711 @ Mar 15 2008, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so, i posted this b/c i always see people asking about fuel line and how it don't fit w/ the old sleeve
and instead of starting a new topic i added to an old one wink.gif

No sweat man, just had to give ya some crap! biggrin.gif