Fuel Line

cannondale27

Fuel Line

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

In redoing the stocker I found most of the fuel lines are hard and cracking.The problem I have is replacing them.All the hose I find is too thick to fit in the protective sleeves.Where do you get fuel line that fits those sleeves?Thanks.

Ryanstones

#2 Post by Ryanstones »

um, don't know.

But...when you find them would you get me some too Steve? i'd be grateful.smile.gif

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Sadly I work at the place that made the original hose!!I really dont want to use the same stuff.It would be really cool for someone to make up a stainless braided set.Safer also!

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

I thought I showed you the teflon lined plastic tubing with the stainless cover I was going to use on the silvertoad project. Ill get some pics soon.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Nope never saw it.Most braided hose isnt made for hose or oetiker clamps.What kind of ends you come up with?

jfarrar

#6 Post by jfarrar »

27 get ahold of maz.he has som line that is indestructable.it is rubber inside then a stainless braiding then rouber outer.it is tuff stuff.we hed to put it in a vise then saw it with a hacksaw and that barely wanted to cut it.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

I found some nice fuel hose at local Harley dealer.Make sure it has the braid embedded into it.This hose is also thicker than the stock stuff but I got the sleeves to fit by putting compressed air in the end of sleeve and pinching off end of fuel hose.Slipped right on.This works great for removing and installing grips also.

Canniboomer

#8 Post by Canniboomer »

...will our standard fuel line oetikers work with that thicker fuel line?...and do you think it's thin enough at the in/out from the fuel regulator?...tight spacing there.

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

It fits fine. I used regular hose clamps, but Oetikers wouldnt be hard to find and would be better.

Nickc711

#10 Post by Nickc711 »

This is how i fit the stock sleeve over the new line.

First get a barbed air fitting and a length of 1/8 in braided steel cable.
Crimp/hammer the braided fitting on one end of the cable. put some duct tape over the other end.
Put the new line on the air fitting(note: At least 2 barbs and you will have to cut it off so account for that)
slide the sleeve over the cable.
Put the cable in your bench vise
Put a foot on your work bench and pull and twist the sleeve over the line...