Cams

Jaybr

#11 Post by Jaybr »

Haydug will have to price them:deal:

The guy did do one with the decompression mech still on, said it took twice as long to work around it. Other concern was that alot of the decompression mechs are made from powdered metal and he didn't want to get them too hot when doing the welding.:confused:

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

Cool!Is there a source for the newer style decompression with the allen screw holding the pin in?I believe the pin is the weak spot in decompression it falls out on the older ones without allen screw.

Jaybr

#13 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by cannondale27
Cool!Is there a source for the newer style decompression with the allen screw holding the pin in?I believe the pin is the weak spot in decompression it falls out on the older ones without allen screw.

Still working on that, however the pin is being replaced. There is apparently no way to get the pin out without damaging it, so he had new ones machined.

wistech

#14 Post by wistech »

Are you talking about the lever pin or that tiny little one that you have to snap to press the device off the cam. I could use a couple of those .

Jaybr

#15 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by wistech
Are you talking about the lever pin or that tiny little one that you have to snap to press the device off the cam.  I could use a couple of those .

Tiny little one.

I guess I haven't payed close enough attention to the pins and decompression mechanism. I didn't bother trying to disassemble one myself:confused:

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

I was talking about the one it pivots on but yes we need the other one also.

timbomoose

#17 Post by timbomoose »

Got a chance to try a set of these cams this week that I put in a motor and after trying them will have to buy a set for my own.Now just have to find a way not to let my wife know.Doug if you keep coming out with all these great performance upgrades my wifes going to divorce me.:head: Looks like its time the yfz is going to have to find some way to find some more power.Its going to be year of the cannondale/atk!biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Sandman

#18 Post by Sandman »

I see that Jaybr's pic of the intake cam on page 1 has a stepped billet rod section as it approaches the threaded shaft where the impellar is affixed. My stock cam is not stepped, and ATK keep on sending me the incorrect water seal. Why did Cannondale make a running change to the design of the intake cams?

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

They made lots of changes for various reasons some of which are beyond me.Great tip though.Will have to watch for that.

Smitty911

How are these doing???

#20 Post by Smitty911 »

I know this is an old post but how are these cams holding up??

Smitty