More shifting problems

Fullbore 350x

More shifting problems

#1 Post by Fullbore 350x »

I am having some more shifting problems, but now it will not come out of first, the shifter will go up and down, but its like theres no other gears to go to. It was shifting fine before I dropped the engine and put locktite on some of the bolts that were loose. Is it possible that I got some locktite on something else to where it wouldnt shift? Need some help.

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

I wouldn't think you got loctite anywhere that would hurt your shifting. More likely the shifter came off the catch that it using on the inside of the case. That sucks since you will have to drop it back down to fix this.

Fullbore 350x

#3 Post by Fullbore 350x »

Is there anyway that I can fix this without dropping to motor again. I will have to go back out and look at it again.

cdrookie

#4 Post by cdrookie »

Originally posted by Fullbore 350x
Is there anyway that I can fix this without dropping to motor again.  

not unless you pioneered a way to remove the side cover whitout dropping the engine.

Fullbore 350x

#5 Post by Fullbore 350x »

Well Happyboy was right, the shifter came off the the catch thing. But instead of dropping the engine, I just took off the clutch basket so I could get to where the shifter was off. Then i pulled back on the metal thing for the shifter, and it popped back in place. That really doesnt make much since, but I tried to explain what I did.

USAMoto00

#6 Post by USAMoto00 »

I would suggest keeping an eye on it though. My new motor had that problem and what I figured out was the spacer on the inside of the cover allowed too much in & out play allowing the top hat to pop out of the dog leg. You can put it back in place like you described, but it doesn't fix the problem as it will occur again and again. Your only out is if this was an assembly problem from when you took it apart. I hope this helps.:usa

Happyboy

#7 Post by Happyboy »

I got my fingers crossed that it was an assembly problem... smile.gif

r.porter

#8 Post by r.porter »

I believe that Haydug has some wider spacers to fix this problem.

Jaybr

#9 Post by Jaybr »

Haydug has spacers that will correct this, had them machined a while back.

USAMoto00

#10 Post by USAMoto00 »

I thought you were the one that solved the problem Jaybr. I just wasn't 100% on it. Thanks for the reminder.:head: