Check Your Engines!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canngernade

#111 Post by Canngernade »

I recently bought a 03 Cannibal with 50 hrs. on it. The second time it rode it the exact same thing happed to mine.
Now MAZ has the motor doing a complete rebuild/balancing and 450 kit

rob_me686

#112 Post by rob_me686 »

whats that gonna end up costin yah total prolly a crap load im guessing right?

Canngernade

#113 Post by Canngernade »

About two grand

Crazy-J

#114 Post by Crazy-J »

Hey guys im new to teh fourms but not to quads. I have anew 03 cannible with 20 hours and wanna start getting the updates taken care of. What bolt am i looking at? thanks Jay -jveedub@yahoo.com

jake

#115 Post by jake »

i have an 03 speed that stopped with a thud when my dad was riding it. he thought he had ran it out of oil and it had seized. i didnt think he had run it out of oil because it had plenty in it b4. i drained the oil and there was plenty, none of wick had metal shavings. i then took out the oil filter and it had metal shavings. they were very small ones and there were no chunks, but its never good to see shavings in oil. now, the engine turns over freely and i think i'd start if i put a new spark plug in. im looking to rebuild the engine or have it rebuilt. im looking to get in the 52+ hp range. i might even get a stroker crank to get some torque. anyone here know of any stroker cranks i could get within a month or 2 without blowing all my money? what are some other good upgrades i should look into? any idea what happened to my engine? i guess ill find out soon enough when i tear it down.

cannondale27

#116 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes you will find out.Best to just dig in rather than start it.Could be the loose bolts or if enough hours Rod bigend bearing.Not shure how big your bank is but stroker cranks dont come up very often cheap.Cheapest route for 52 hp is stock stroke ported.Once you get your motor apart condition of crank will determine if you have to spend $100 to upgrade bearing or $300-$400 for a new balanced stock stroke crank of which there are plenty.Believe BlackWidow has them in stock.

stevemuch

#117 Post by stevemuch »

for some reason your pictures are blank on my screen, is there a way to resend the pictures