Check Your Engines!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryanstones

#81 Post by Ryanstones »

Originally posted by drbowtie
Ya know...  

Here's a thought...  If you were Cannondale on the financial edge and you knew that everyone of your engines that you manufactured over the last year were going to eventually grenade do to a manufacturing flaw...  What would you do?  

Yes, I've had the same thought. Anybody that thinks they'll yhave a warranty under the new owners is deluded. Hang in there Doc, as sooon as you can rider her you'll feel alot better!

drbowtie

#82 Post by drbowtie »

All is fine with the crankcase plate... My current question is in regard to the transmission plate. I hope that I can get that answer on Monday from a few shops.

drbowtie

#83 Post by drbowtie »

Thanks for the picker-upper ryan...

claas900

#84 Post by claas900 »

..Hello guys,well last week i wrote in,saying i had an 03 speed,and id report my findings.Well i have 4 Crank studs,not the 6 it should have.The two that are still allen bolts are the scavge pump and the one below the crank.Iv got about 25 hours and nothing was lose crank or trans plate.I did have someone suggest something to help hold the allen bolts in,its kinda hard to explain,but ill try my best..
They said to get a small grinder of some sort,and on the back side of the allen head"the mating surface" cut a small grove in it.And when you put the bolt back in,get a punch/small chisel and pound aluminum the into the cut that you put into the back side of the allen head.
Hope I explained that well? Im not sure if im going to do it that way or not,but I am going to look into it tho..

cannondale27

#85 Post by cannondale27 »

So now we have to even pull cover off motors where stud was visible through clutch basket.Please post a picture if you can:mad:

marceb16

Cannondale Service Manuals

#86 Post by marceb16 »

Does anyone have a copy of the Cannondale Service Manuals? I have a 2003 Cannibal and would like to have a copy of the pubs for it. They use to be on the Cannondale home page but now they are gone.

marceb16

wow

#87 Post by marceb16 »

I am going to check my bolts this weekend. Can anyone walk me through the proper steps and will I need any gaskets?

Knight440

Re: wow

#88 Post by Knight440 »

Originally posted by marceb16
I am going to check my bolts this weekend. Can anyone walk me through the proper steps and will I need any gaskets?

Do a search on this you should be able to find a few walk thru's that will help;)

marceb16

#89 Post by marceb16 »

I am new to this...how do i do a search on this topic?

4punksdad

#90 Post by 4punksdad »

you can get the service manual on cd rom...........I believe jcv440 has them for a minimal amount. you will not need any gaskets to check the studs. you will need a set of snap ring pliers. you will find one small ball bearing that will confuse you. it goes exactly where you think it wouldn't go. you will know what I mean when you get there. smile.gif