His first 3rd place finish!

jwheat

His first 3rd place finish!

#1 Post by jwheat »

My 6 yr old, Kirk, decided that he wanted to race so I entered him in the 8 yr old and under quad class last weekend at the arenacross that I was in. He did ok and got a small trophy for participating. That really got him going! So yesterday, I took him and let him race in the Little Rascals MX kids races here locally. He raced in the 50cc class. He got a 3rd place finish!! He is so proud of that 2ft tall third place trophy that he has been carrying the trophy all around the house this morning. I'm pretty darn proud of him myself!

I'm going this afternoon and buy him a Honda TRX90 from one of the other dads this afternoon. I'll have to start workng on stepping him up from the 50 to the 90 and see how he does.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif :dance: :dance:

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Awesome job!Whats your boys name?Whoops way to go Kirk!

badvox

#3 Post by badvox »

Hey congrats to the little wheat!!

kdeal

#4 Post by kdeal »

:clap: :clap:

dalewannbe

#5 Post by dalewannbe »

what kinda quad is he running right now?

My five year is running the kasea 50, its a nice little quad. The 90 may be a little big for your boy, depending on his size, and then he'll have to learn to swift too.

Most of the kids even in the 8-10 year group are running the lt80's and predators 90s, all quads you don't have to shift.

Just something to thing about. One less thing for the younger kids to worry about!

It is a lot fun watching your kids race though. Just wait until he starts taunting you because he did better than you.

RoooStEr Pops

#6 Post by RoooStEr Pops »

Originally posted by dalewannbe

It is a lot fun watching your kids race though.    Just wait until he starts taunting you because he did better than you.

Or thinks he is better than you. But then its time to wup some ***. :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box:

jwheat

#7 Post by jwheat »

Originally posted by dalewannbe
what kinda quad is he running right now?

My five year is running the kasea 50, its a nice little quad.   The 90 may be a little big for your boy, depending on his size, and then he'll have to learn to swift too.      

Most of the kids even in the 8-10 year group are running the lt80's and predators 90s, all quads you don't have to shift.  

Just something to thing about.   One less thing for the younger kids to worry about!

It is a lot fun watching your kids race though.    Just wait until he starts taunting you because he did better than you.

He has an Extreme 49 right now. It'll be a little while before he is ready for the 90, but that will give me time to fix it up like I want it.