Kids quads, any opinions?

NRath

#11 Post by NRath »

Originally posted by badvox
Wow, so are you looking into this to build a race quad?  Or do you want the nicest possible stock quad you can get?

Not looking to build a racer immediately, so a nice stocker is what I'm after. I completely expect to build it over time, though. Seems like there is aftermarket stuff for almost all of them.

The Typhoon is sweet!! I'd be really surprised if they could hit a $1700 price point, though. We've got an Xtreme Pro 100 that was $1600 delivered- bought new off e-bay. The dealer said it was the first time he'd ever lost money selling one on e-bay. This was the cheapest one had gone for on e-bay at the time. I'm gonna' do some more looking into the Typhoon 90.

On Xtreme's site, it said hey had been "taken" on the shark? Guess that's where the Aasco came in.

markvette

#12 Post by markvette »

haydug
i met you 2 years ago at the dealers show. i was with billy holt of wrh racing and we were in the xtreme booth. if you remember the bare frame mini we had there with the dual a-arms the guy that built that quad designed and built the typhoon for xtreme. the motor is the same that is in the pit bike, comes in 70. 90 and 125 cc. has over 7 inches of suspension travel front and rear. wrh already has engine kits for this quad, they are gonna rock and way cheaper than a honda. by the way for the guys that remember me and josh my son who at 15 raced a moto for a local dealer. when cannondale went belly up and we lost the moto we bought a race ready 400ex. well josh is now 18 and the ex has a yz426 motor in it punched to 446 with a ported and polished head. this thing rocks and eats honda 450's. josh has been out of racing for a year due to quad problems and hurricane katrina but will be racing again very soon. glad to see a lot of the old guys are still here.

Mark