what mini to buy

cobradaler

#1 Post by cobradaler »

I was just wondering if any body had any opinion on which mini quad they liked better for all around playing and which one for racing. and if any one new any thing hands on about the extreme typoon mini quad.

otis

#2 Post by otis »

There is a fellow at www.atvriders.com that has one and is supposed to be posting some sort of review about it. It will be in the mini quad section. Haven't checked it lately myself to see if he has any news.

badvox

#3 Post by badvox »

I just read over at riders from a respected user over there that someones typhoon looked real good for 5 minutes then did not look so good gettin towed in. :-(

But ya know how that goes. When it first comes out there will be lots of negatives and bashing.

Like I have my sons Pro MX 90 that really is great but some people have had issues with it. If you race GUSSET everything. If not ride it.

For an all around good kid quad you must look at Kymco Mongoose 90.
Its a 4 stroke and it runs great. There are aftermarket pipes, clutches, arms, shocks, etc.. Two major companies are now having Kymco OEM there 50 and 90 youth quads so that says alot right there. The 2007 Kawis and Arctic Cat mini's are now made by Kymco.

Mike

otis

#4 Post by otis »

I can not find the post about being towed. I am curious now. I have a down payment on one that is on order.

cobradaler

#5 Post by cobradaler »

was told about some other mini quads out there how are the drr 90, and the cobra ecx70, and the appex pro 90.

badvox

#6 Post by badvox »

QUOTE (cobradaler @ Jul 7 2006, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
was told about some other mini quads out there how are the drr 90, and the cobra ecx70, and the appex pro 90.

Yeah, we have the Apex Mx Pro 90. Its an AASCO, which made all of the Shark versions. Like Extreme etc..

badvox

#7 Post by badvox »

QUOTE (otis @ Jul 6 2006, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can not find the post about being towed. I am curious now. I have a down payment on one that is on order.

Here ya go Otis,

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php...15&pagenumber=2

I wouldnt worry about it too much. Ya know how it is when a new product comes out. Especially when its not your brand.

I am hearing good things about them and the best mini builders out there are already going to town on aftermarket stuff for them. Robbs racing, WRH, etc...

I think the ATVA will or should raise the cc limit to 125 as well. Everyone else has the 4 stroke limit at 125 I dont see why ATVA is at 120cc

otis

#8 Post by otis »

Thanks. You are right, it will probably be fine. I guess if nobody buys the quad the first year it is out, won't be a second year.

timbomoose

#9 Post by timbomoose »

For a 50cc quad go lem.My son (6)has been riding the snot out of it the past few years.With extremely good luck.It takes alot of abuse and very light weight not to crush the kid when he wrecks.Lots of room for more power.This year did some mods to my sons and when from a 57 tooth rear to a 44 and still wants more gearing.If ever getting any of the china quads.Take them completely apart and reassemble or will just fall apart every time they ride it.Sunl is one of the worst for bolts falling out everywhere.Most china quads do not make good racers.Frames will crack very easy and even the shocks come apart. Have dealt with robb's racing and highly recommend him.He knows what works and won't sell you stuff that doesn't.Good luck!

#13atk

#10 Post by #13atk »

I just bought my son a DRR DRX50 after going to a Worcs and seeing as the kids racing them. They come with a pipe and clutched. There also 40" wide. Nice little quad for 2grand. www.drrinc.com